Saturday, July 7, 2012

Am I blue?

Good flippin' grief. I've been eating today as though there was never going to be food again.

This is a problem because I just saw a bunch of pictures of myself in Melissa's wedding. Buh. It's really ridiculous how little the image in my mind matches up to the image that I see on the computer screen. I really thought I looked better than that... Maybe I did look better than that and it is in fact true that I am the least photogenic person on the face of the planet. It's a toss up. *sigh*

Learned an important life lesson last night. As a widow, never turn on your Pandora station as you are trying to go to sleep- even if you really really want to listen to music. Because every single song that comes on (even ones that you've listened to a million times before) will sound like it's coming directly from your deceased husband and you will cry and cry and cry.

It started out with this song called "Never Alone" I've never heard it anywhere but on Pandora, but is really a great song. (Follow the link if you want to listen to it.) But it started the waterworks and then Pandora proceeded through all sorts of other applicable songs. When Adele came on I had to turn it off...


Because on a scale of one to Adele, widowhood is Adele-squared.

In other news, my nails look super cool.


And also my stapler just fell off my desk, hit the top, and sailed right into the trashcan. Couldn't make that shot again if I tried.

But why would I try?

Yeah... so maybe this wasn't a top ten blog... They can't all be winners. Some have to just be a jumble of random crap. When I start grad school I may begin blogging less often... like only when I actually have something interesting to say... We'll see, but you should start preparing yourself now.

5 comments:

  1. I love Pandora, I really do..But, lately it's been playing Miranda Lambert's "Over You" on non-country stations..No matter how many times I click "dislike" it still plays. I've resorted to youtube playlist's for now, so I have control over what songs I'm listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also meant to comment on your nails, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hug*

    I so want you to come over and do my nails for me. Sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! When all else fails, I'll become a manicurist! Sure I'll come over- but you should be warned, I can pretty well only paint. I'm complete rubbish at things like "cuticle care" and whatever else actual manicurists do. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's pretty much my approach to it, too :) Are you busy Friday evening? I'm going to a wedding this weekend, and would love something to match the super cute dress I will be wearing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...