Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July

I love taking a shower so cold that when you open the shower curtain the temperature doesn't change... well, I love it in the summer anyway. In the winter I like my showers slightly warmer.

Oh my goodness, who is in love with her polka dot nails? That would be this girl.


You know how I did it? The head of a straight pin that's been stabbed in a pencil eraser. Then you just dip it in a small puddle of nail polish and dot your nail. The internet is a genius.

I normally love the 4th of July, but this year it isn't as exciting... I think there are several reasons for this.

Kara is moving away this month and while I try not to think about it too hard... she is.

My family celebration is normally a reason I love it, but my family isn't celebrating even close to the actual day and I'm not going to it anyway.

... and I have a lot of really strong Nathan memories that go along with fireworks and the 4th of July. There is just something I find intensely romantic about fireworks. I'm not even sure why.

Plus, I distinctly remember Nathan and I discussing when to start trying to have a baby 3 years ago on our way home from the "I Love America" show. We decided September... which was the month he was diagnosed. (You know, just in case October wasn't full of enough extra fear and hope that year.)

I can't imagine what my life would have been like, being pregnant and caring for Nathan... or being the mother of an 8 month old when Nathan passed away. I don't know how I would have managed.... but I still long for the life that I thought I was going to have that July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...