Saturday, July 28, 2012

Things of Excitement

We had a surprise party for Josh and Kara tonight... well, we surprised Josh. Kara was in on it.

Aaaand I'm pretty sure I will discuss this in more depth on Sunday evening... but not tonight.

Tonight I will tell you things of excitement.

1) My birthday is next week.  I'm turning 29... or 24, depending on how you look at it.

2) I'm finally registered for the Advanced Writing- Fiction class that I wanted!

3) The text for the AWF class that I just got into is the 2012 Moon City Review.... the one that I'm published in. *grin* That makes me feel so freaking cool! I'm sure it's just for reference, but still... makes a girl happy.

4) I found an 11x17 frame (Target was out when I went back. :-| I know! Right!?!) Walmart had my back, though.

5) My GA-ship is finally official!! I'm going to be the GA in the Training and Documentation Department of Computer Services. Huzzah for one more load off my mind!

6) I'm going to be speaking in church... on August 12th. Yeah, I know. So soon. Tim asked me to speak at the end of October... but then he reconsidered because he said that he wanted to be here for it and that's the Sunday right after his vacation, so now he doesn't have to prepare a sermon on vacation, he can be there, plus he thinks the timing is right for our church.... which I kinda feel, too.  I'm a little nervous... but excited... but nervous... this one isn't going to be like any other talk that I would give, because it's based so much out of my story. And I think you know how important it is to me. Hopefully my message can come across as clearly and as powerfully as I want it to. But I suppose that's more up to God than it is up to me. :) But feel free to come.... Feel free to invite your friends... feel free to invite people that you don't really even know that well, but think might be halfway interested. :)

And this is a bit random, but here is a song I found on a fellow young-widow blog...

I've been constantly playing it since I first pushed play... It might make you cry- but in that good, healing kind of way.

2 comments:

  1. Excited about your GA! I think it's cool that your class is using a text that you are published in. Stand tall! Are you doing anything special for your BD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of good things going on right now. I hate going back to get something only to find it's gone (especially frames). I don't know if you have one near you, but I normally have pretty good luck at Michael's (plus you can use coupons on them). I'm sure your speech will be great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...