Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Doctors

I may have mentioned before that I am watching Dr. Who.

A time or two, eh?

It's a really good show, and I very much like it.

But the thing is, the Dr. changes. I mean that's one of the basic tenets of the show, that the Dr. changes relatively often. It's how a show that started in 1963 is still going-- and on it's 26th season. (He's only called "the Doctor" not Dr. Who, btw... Dr. Who is just what a lot of people say in response to his introduction of himself as "The Dr.")

But the doctor changes, and I hate it. I understand it, but I hate it.

Because I don't like the new doctor.

And then when I do finally like the new doctor he changes again and I don't like that new doctor.

So I'm constantly grieving for the doctor that once was, and I can't appreciate the doctor that is.

And I really think I do enough grieving as it is, thank you.

The other day someone linked to this article on facebook.

It made me cry.

Nathan was at one of the best hospitals in the nation for cancer. Our hand was forced over and over and over. Everyone did every thing that they could do.

But it's hard to think that if Nathan lived 20 years in the future, they might have known more... he might not have died.

But if he lived 20 years in the past then we might have lost him a lot sooner.

And that darn Dr. can time travel.

I really do believe that God can make a beautiful thing out of this.

Sometimes that's not a comfort though.

Cause he didn't want to go.

And I didn't want him to, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...