Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kara-rah-rah

Tonight I blew Kara's mind by informing her that black and green olives are the same thing, just the black olives are left on the tree longer.

Blew.

Her.

Mind.

I love my best friend. I love that she doesn't get insulted when I say that I'm going to describe her "like a hurricane.... but a good hurricane." (You know you use all these words to describe the force and power of a hurricane, but she's not destructive, just...intense.)

I also love that she has actually already thought of the dilemma that I will have describing her to people who don't know her, and so she has crafted a highly adaptable script for me to explain to them the glory and wonder and terror that is my best friend.

And I love that she is so good at accents... all accents, not just a few, like me.

And I love that she thinks I'm so funny and great.

And I love that she will listen and take me seriously when I explain why I'm not as shallow as I sound.

And pin pictures on pinterest that make her cry for 20 minutes.


And how she apologizes/checks in to make sure that I'm ok that she's the fox and I'm the hound dog, even though I'm the one who started the analogy.

And that she has back up plans for *every* possible contingency known to man.

And a few that no man would ever think to make a back-up plan for.

And that she believes and trusts me enough that she *almost* believed me when I said that kiwis and strawberries are actually the same fruit at different stages too, even though she totally knows they aren't.

Philadelphia better darn well appreciate what they are getting, lest I go up there and kick them all into the second Tuesday of next week.

2 comments:

  1. So I was reading trivial thankfulness and I saw this link to this one and I came to review it. And I read down to where the pic was. And my eyes filled with tears. And then I thought, "Is Renee okay with being the hound and I'm the fox? I could be the hound and she could be the fox if she wanted. Truth is, she's the hot lit babe these days compared to my matronly-motherly-ness. I'd better check in about this." Then I kept reading and laughed b/c I forgot that we've had this conversation already.

    You are my best friend. And a remarkable friend, not only because you are brilliant and hilarious, but also b/c you are generous with who gets to be whom when we assign characters for things. I mean seriously - I get to be the only princess who wears a sea-shell bra? It's unfairly cool of all you to give me that, considering taht I don't sing. ... But then I guess all the Disney princesses sing... but Ariel is the one for whom it's like a part of the story arc. Now that Leiah is a Disney princess, I'd be okay being her. She has some great bitchy moments, and you know, that's all I care about - making sure I get enough of those!!!

    What am I saying? No way I give up the sea-shell bra.

    You should be Padme - no one minded when she snagged a much younger gentleman-friend! And she had twins, which would kill me if someday soon (but in the proper order of all the things I hope happen someday soon for you) you had twins! Miller baybays are so cute - could you imagine two teeny tiny ones with your nose? I can't handle it. Can. Not. Handle. It.

    Ooh - if we were respective Star Wars princesses then we'd be like Snow & What's Her Face in Once Upon a Time! I like that they are friends but then also mother-daughter. No spoilers in response to this! I'm two episodes behind!

    the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out that you were referring to Princess Leia? That one h and I was like-- "who? Does she mean that new princess from "Brave"? ... *crickets chirping in my brain*... Oh! Leia! Luke's sister!!" She does wear that metal bikini thing when she's Jaba's prisoner... is that better or worse than the sea shell bra??

      Rhonda will be mad at me if I have twins, but it is in the water of my graduating class, and it would help me catch up in life. :) Though I've never actually wanted twins.

      And I am totally out of sync with "Once Upon a Time"... I went the other day to try and catch up and it's already past the point of no return when you can't see the first episode, so I had to give up. Alas.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...