Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Chain of Events

On Sunday I got my Blackbird Cathedral poster.


Today, I went to Target for many things and thought I'd look for a frame there.


But I realized I'd forgotten to look after I'd left the store.


But that's ok, I thought. I'll go to Hobby Lobby. Surely they'll have a frame there.


So I went to Hobby Lobby and it turns out that an 11x17 frame is not all that common.


But I bought this gorgeous ornate white frame, that I can put a painting in... or perhaps a mirror.


And I bought a 12x24 frame because it cost 3.99, and I figured that for 3.99 I could make art to fit it.


I left and thought, perhaps I'll cheat and find a poster and not have to make art.


I got on allposters.com and promptly found 4 posters (2 for only 2.99!) that I liked, and I ordered them.

A Monet, A Van Gogh, and 2 Muchas

None of them were the right size for my empty frame.

In fact, I didn't find anything that I liked in the size of my empty frame. I think I've decided to find or use some fabric in the frame.


Then I thought about all the art in my house I have that needs a home on a wall. So I put up a bunch of misc. art/ photos in my hallway.


And decided that I have a few pictures that I don't like the art anymore, but the frame is nice so I need to change the art to something that goes with my house.


And while I was hanging things, I hung more nails in my necklace wall


And then I decided to create a line to put all my hair extensions on


Then I found this adorable old curmudgeon that I never made into anything, but I should.


So basically my project list exploded and now I have: 4 posters which will need frames, a big white frame that needs art, a black empty frame to fill with fabric, several frames that need to have something else inside them, a hallway full of pictures, a necklace wall and an extension wall, an adorable old curmudgeon, and my Blackbird Cathedral poster that started this all- still without a frame.

And after all that I sat back down and checked Target's website....

They have an 11x17 frame that would be exactly what I needed in stock.

What can I say?

4 comments:

  1. Kinda "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." (Children's book reference.) BTW, can you get me one of those posters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Paula, I know "If you give a Mouse a Cookie!" I even know about giving a Moose a Muffin, but I don't know what you shouldn't give a kitten or a pig. And yes I can get you a poster... in fact I've already gotten you one on reserve. I make no promises about frames though. Went to Target today and they were out.

      Delete
  2. I heart you. This sounds just like me! Right down to the stack of empty frames I have laying around waiting for something to put in them, and a stack of things that need frames, neither of which fit together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I heart you, too! I'm glad to have a new friend who shares my idiosyncrasies!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...