Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I statements

Short Blog: I'm super sleepy

I had a critique today that was almost all good, and yet left me feeling like "Hey wait... all critiques are just opinion."

I don't like it when people just gush about my work... it feels inauthentic. And I don't want to have to live up to the pedestal a person puts me on by not finding flaws.

I'm really excited about some new friendships I'm forming.

I'm really excited about how great my other friendships are

I'm thinking about not taking a class in the Spring Semester, and just working on my novel/ other projects.

I've decided nothing.

I bake some darn fine cupcakes.

I'm super sleepy. Did I mention that?

G'night.

1 comment:

  1. So this comment is a day late ... and if I owe you a dollar, then also a dollar short (I don't think I do owe you a dollar just now). But here goes:

    I think you are being a silly goose to say, "I don't like when people gush over my work." I hope you don't find out why you are being a silly goose, but that people just keep gushing and you can live on in bliss.

    I said today, "My son never sleeps during the day! Boo hoo for me. Can never get stuff done b/c he does all his sleeping at night." And then tonight, instead of the normal wake-up-eat-go-back-to-sleep-immediately routine that we've been rocking for weeks and weeks, instead of that we stayed up for a couple hours, happy for the first one, mad for the second, desperate to sleep for the last.

    No more complaining about good things like sleeping through the night and people loving your work (despite whatever downsides may come along with these circumstances) lest the sleeping turns to wakefulness and the gushing to griping.

    Plus, who are you to judge the authenticity of the gusher??? Maybe said gusher just doesn't communicate very well. Maybe said gushee (that's you) is just having a hard time receiving so much praise. Easy enough solution to that last. Try harder/get used to it. You write well. People will gush. Does JK Rowling complain that so many people like her work? Nope. She just accepts her millions (billions?). I say take a page out of her book (see what I did there??? See that! And at 5am no less!!!!! Puns on no sleep count for triple word score!)

    And so I take my leave of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...