Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Buttercup, baby.

Sooo... my mom is having some medical concerns that I just realized I've not gotten clearance to make known to the entirety of the internet... so I won't tell you what's going on, but I will ask you to pray... I don't deal so well with family medical issues --even the relatively minor ones.

**edit** She told Facebook so I feel that it's ok to tell you: She has a really low iron count and they don't know why. She doesn't have an ulcer and they aren't sure what else could be the reason, but she had to go in today for a blood transfusion. While she is there they will do some more blood work to see if they can figure it out, and she has a colonoscopy scheduled for 2 weeks from now to see if that will reveal anything.

She blames the air in northern MO... or the Taliban.

I come by my sense of humor honestly.

**new edit. Her iron is up now and she doesn't need the transfusion... But they don't know why it's fluctuating so much either... I guess that's the new thing they will be looking into.

I got my critiques back from my One Act... some things suggested I absolutely disagreed with... most people were very complimentary and my teacher actually wrote- "So often writers become so dark with the subject (death), but your soul has this wonderful light in it. I think your perspective needs to be out there in this sad world."

Yeah. 

Apparently the good Lord is trying to give me a lift because that was the second round of seriously flattering compliments in a 24 hour period. 

Is it bad that I'm slightly suspicious that a piano is about to be dropped on my head in order to deflate my ego?

Why do you build me up, Buttercup, baby, just to let me down?

Yes, I did just call my Heavenly Father "Buttercup, baby." Hopefully He's chuckling fondly at me and my crazy antics, not preparing the smite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...