Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nervous

I bought pink pens just because I like them better than red for marking on people's manuscripts... and cause they are breast cancer research pens... I figure if they end breast cancer they can get to work and put all those resources to some other form of cancer so it is all good.

Dang it, I really felt like I had something to say tonight and I got distracted by e-mails and writing group and now I don't know what it was...

I want some lasagna. Anyone else? I'll make it as long as you don't expect cottage cheese in your lasagna. Cottage Cheese lasagna grosses me out.

Pretty sure whatever it was, it was a little deeper than my desire for lasagna.

The Wednesday before T-giving is the last of the weekly game nights, unless one of my pals decides to start hosting... and we don't have that many people who have enough space to do so. Yes, I am sad about this, though I totally understand why Jonny and Katie need to stop having it... Baby is coming and all that.

Had a thought tonight that shocked the bejeepers out of me.

I've discussed the whole God thinks I'm beautiful thing... I got another of those "messages" tonight, though this one was less overt. (Aka someone didn't just walk up to me and say, "You are really pretty" or "God thinks you are beautiful") But after the warm fuzzies that inevitably accompany feeling like God wants to tell you you are beautiful, I had a realization.

I could make someone nervous.

OK, yeah maybe that sounds like a really obvious thing, but I've never thought it before. *I'm* the one who is nervous, normally. So the idea that someone else could be nervous because of me...  it's totally foreign to me. Nathan wasn't nervous with me... You know I don't know if Nathan was ever nervous, period, but he certainly wasn't with me. I was nervous with him. And I've just never thought of myself as very intimidating. I give bad first impressions, remember? And the idea that someone could find me even slightly intimidating... or want to make a good impression on me enough that they could get nervous.... it's like I've suddenly realized that maybe they *are* just as scared of me as I am of them!

If anyone ever tells me that I make them nervous I might give them a hug right then and there.

Maybe I'll be a famous author someday and then scads of people will be nervous to meet me... what a strange thought.

2 comments:

  1. I was nervous when I met you for the first time at Panera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously... that boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...