Monday, November 7, 2011

Smelling of onions is not attractive

Been a good day. 

Did announcements in church and didn't seem to flub anything up too badly.

Got lunch (Thai) with friends.

Chose to get my leftovers put in a bag and thus *did not!* have Thai spilled all over my car when the box leaked.

Helped Kara move for the briefest of moments.

Had my first writer's group meeting, which I think went really well, despite the fact that there is no way for me to talk about my last few years and not 1)surprise the bejeepers out of people and 2) fear that I've just freaked them out completely.

Got coffee with friends and caught up on life a bit.

Had dinner and watched a movie with Bill and Melissa... or as I like to call them, Billissa.

Came home and pondered the meaning of life.

Ok so I didn't really ponder the meaning of life... more like I pondered the fact that my nails smell like onion from helping prepare dinner this evening, and how that's really not attractive.

Seriously, you just don't ever hear, "What? Your hands smell like onion? That's so hot!"

It's kinda sad. I parked my car tonight and Josh and Kara's cars weren't in the parking lot. Cause they don't live right next door to me, anymore. I guess I didn't realize how much of a security blanket that was to me, having my best friend right next door. I mean, ok, yes, she's still less than a block away but...it's not the same.

Slowly and surely everything is changing from the way it used to be. And that's good and healthy.

...but also lonely, despite my general plethora of friends and people who love me.

Am I the only person who can no longer hear the song "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne without seeing the dog worrying about his bone from that insurance commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...