Monday, November 21, 2011

Peppermints and Pipe Tobacco

Please just ignore any cheesy slow zooms on still pictures.

So I have a dental appointment at 8 in the morning... and I'm nervous about it... Embarrassingly nervous.

I didn't take very good care of my teeth during cancer.

And now the dentist and the dental hygienist are going to judge me.

I hate being judged. Especially when I know they are right.

Can't you just love me for who I am? Flawed teeth and all? Why do I have to be perfect, doctor dentist man?

*sigh*

I don't want to go. Someone should give me a cookie tomorrow... but that wouldn't be good for my teeth. Dang it!

It's just insult to injury that it's at 8 in the morning. I should go to bed, I suppose.

If I don't make it through this... if I melt into a pile of goo from embarrassment. Think of me.... think of me fondly.

Can I tell you something? I think you'll understand, when I say that something. I want to hold your hand.

I'm making a memory! Years from now, when you're quite grown up, you'll always remember me and how I always smelled of fall and spoke in song.

2 comments:

  1. Dentists are judgmental. It's not fair. Our tooth neglect is their bread & butter.

    My dentist is obsessed with fixing my chipped front tooth. I had it fixed once, but the fix fell off and that was horrifying, so now I've decided that the chip is cute. But he won't leave it alone. I'm fairly sure he made up a cavity during my last visit to give himself a reason to have a crack at it. The hygenist couldn't see it, and when the dentist started talking about it, she was staring at him with an entirely skeptical expression.

    Either that, or I'm stupidly refusing to have a cavity on the back of my front tooth fixed out of paranoia that THAT GUY WANTS MY CHIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Sadie! You'd think they'd be all like, "Here! Have some candy!! :D" But instead they're all, "I see you haven't been flossing. >:("

    PS I don't think you're paranoid. He is out to get you and your chip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...