Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hold the butter

I just dropped my phone... and it fell off the headboard, bounced off the side of the mattress, and shot straight into the trashcan, nothing but net. What are the odds? I told it that it had a lot to live for and that I loved it and I'll be keeping a close surveillance on it for a few days.

Nothing from e-harmony. I "smile" at them but they don't seem to respond at all... Trying to have patience, but I'm not sure what's up. I get 7 (or so) new matches everyday. You'd think that one of the 77 that I haven't archived would say something... but nothing. Heck, I think even the archived ones could still contact me... but not even they are. I altered my profile to seem not quite so intimidating... we'll see if that works. And perhaps I just need to keep up that whole idea of patience. I can't help but laugh, though, as my suspicions about the cosmic "back-off" sign hanging around my proverbial neck seem to be ringing true. Oh dear Lord, what are the plans you have for me, eh? I'd like to get a glimpse

In the meantime, I've been admitted to MO State as a non-degree seeking post bacc. That was speedy! I guess when you really just wanna take a class to find out if you want to take more it's easy.... I do feel strange about being as we so lovingly used to say, a crazy non-trad. Mayhaps I can be the non-trad without the crazy... I don't write fan fiction so that's a step in the right direction, I think. English non-trads can be a very special version of non-trads. Have not totally confirmed that I will be picking up the mantle of student again... but I'm walking in that direction at least.

I've been eating like winter is coming and I'm going into hibernation. Even as I type I'm trying to refrain myself from going to get a bowl of cereal. Kara has recently informed me that cereal (at least the kind I'm currently craving) is pretty much junk food... I don't know why but it's hard for me to see that... it's for breakfast! Breakfast isn't junk food!

Sure, pour some more straight fat and liquid sugar on that fluffy carb fest. This isn't junk food it's breakfast!

and now I want some pancakes. Fluffy carb fest that they are. Hold the butter. But not in your hand.. it will melt and you will get greasy... to say nothing of your hand full of melted butter. Body heat. Gets ya every time.

btw M&M's can sooooo melt in your hand. It just requires patience... and perhaps something to protect you from the colored sweat of their candy coating.

8 comments:

  1. I knew some awesome English non-trads. They were all people who had always been pretty great writers, but were now getting serious about it and, in addition, had a lot of interesting things to write about.

    You do not have a cosmic "back-off" sign. Boys are just not very brave at this kind of thing. They'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slander! Libel! Unjust implications! And wild! Wild, unjust implications! Or is it only accusations that can be wild? Well - this accusation certainly wasn't bred in captivity - that's for sure!

    You make me sound like a mean frenemy (which your blog doesn't recognize as a word... welcome to 2003 Renee's blog), "Kara has recently informed me..." like I came up to you out of the blue and said, "You know - that food that you like is total junk food."

    I sound detestable in your twisted version of events - like some kind of insensitive diet Nazi who just saunters up to family and friends alike and says, "Bad eating decision. You're making it."

    So I shall fill in the details so I don't sound so horrible! I'm PREGNANT and my MEDICAL CARE PROVIDER informed ME that breakfast cereal is pretty much junk food!!! And I was SHOCKED!

    I wasn't informing YOU that cereal was junk food. I was informing you about my shock!

    Sister Mercy, people are gonna wonder why you stay my friend - what with all my mean-spirited, unsolicited, dieting tips!

    In self defense, I'm never talking about food again. Ever.

    ... Unless it's the value of broccoli. More protein per calorie than steak! Twice as much more. Can you believe it??? I can't believe it. So I'll have to still talk about that. Why does such an amazing little vegetable have to smell like feet? Like bad smelling feet? Must be all the protein...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I wish I had someone who would come up to me and say, "Bad eating decision. You're making it!" But not until I reach for the second donut. I don't want anybody messing with my first donut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Renee...lets see if it will let me finally leave comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray...it worked :) now I can finally start commenting on your blogs. Cause ya know, I have so much to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you can always bitterly protest incidental mentions in which you perceive there to be "wild" implications of slander to you... and then wax sentimental about broccoli... oh wait, Kara already took that mantle up. Oh well, I'm sure you will think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But you know what tastes better than broccoli, Kara? Just about everything else, I've discovered. Except "dark leafy greens." Spinach is ok, but I'm so turned off by the rest of them that I could just...well, I don't want to eat them.

    Nevertheless, this comment exchange is hil-arious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is wrong with you people? Broccoli is delicious. I had no idea hating broccoli was a real thing. This is so weird. I will have to add it to my list of Things I Find Delicious But Apparently Everyone Else Hates.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...