Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thoughts of the future...

So I went to my bed thinking that I would blog... but I couldn't do it... No inspiration. So instead I find myself back at the couch, watching Dawson's Creek.

By the way if I'm horrendously sick tomorrow I blame it on the sweetened condensed milk currently sugaring up my coffee... You know the one that was in my cabinet with the "best used by" date of April 2010. Oh yeah, I'm a rebel. It says "best."

Fun fact about sweetened condensed milk in coffee. It floats. Like the squiggles.  Like chocolate syrup in milk. Like snow candy.



So much in life can be related to the Little House books. The scene where Manzo gets the sheep upstairs in the barn so he can win the bet with the shearers. The scene where the Wilder Children eat all the sugar when their parents leave. How Laura hates that Mary gets to wear blue because she is blonde and blue eyed and Laura has to wear red because she is brunette and brown eyed. Ginger water and straw logs twisted for the long winter and how big of a deal it was for Laura to "cut a fringe" (even though she's sportin' one in the above picture.)

I'd say I was born in the wrong time period, except for how much I love the internet... and indoor plumbing.

Here is a thought to ponder. Interior design or creative writing? I've been leaning towards creative writing... and I just went and looked at the MO State course schedule and the only class I could find that I have the necessary pre-reqs for and that also has seats open is "Writing for Children and Young Adults." Which actually sounds like a really fun class and thus far it only has 12 students in it, so it would be good for getting more focused instruction. It also happens to be right in the middle of my work week and one of the 1:15 ones.  On the other side there is a fundamentals of interior design class that starts at 8:00AM, has a class size of 50 (5 seats left), and would mean that I couldn't get to work until 10 two days of the week. But darn it if I'm not far and away more interested in the writing for children and young adults class now.

Maybe I should defer this idea rather than suddenly focusing on it the week before classes start? Wish more classes started at 3:30...

1 comment:

  1. Snow candy!!!! Creative writing classes are great. You should take them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...