Saturday, August 6, 2011

In preparation for a wedding

Well, here I am in Hannibal. Well sorta... not really. kinda outside of Hannibal. Playing the phase 10 with the fam... being too loud, probably. Singing RENT and jamming to Glee songs. Arguing (for play, not for real) and not using our inside voices.

I thought for a while there that I was without internet... and I worried. I worried that you would all be highly concerned about me and that I might have dropped off the face of the planet.. or at least off a cliff and into the muddy Mississippi. But then I found the internet... outside under a tent. Where all good internet is. At least that's what I've been told.

Everyone is making a big deal about how late it is and I was going along with it... and then I realized. It's 1:15. PSHHHHHHHH! It's not late at all!

So, now, here I am on a couch in a lodge compound... the only one still awake, in the whole joint. Or at least the only one actively seeking to be awake in the whole joint... but lemme tell you the reception area looks great. Dark, but great. an also my phone is dying. Not that it matters as the only people calling me are here... they just don't know where I am.

This evening my cousin Dylan ate like 40 fruit roll-ups on his own... I'm not even joking about the 40... might even have been 50. It was frightening and impressive at the same time.

I've got a river of life flowing out of me and the joy joy joy joy down in my heart... but that may just be left over happiness from getting to spend quality time with people I love and nearly winning an interminable game of Phase 10. 2nd place ain't bad!

OK I'm gonna go to bed at this early hour so that I have plenty of time tomorrow to get gussied and to share nail polish with all my family who didn't bring any and to find more ways to sit inside and not go outside where you swim through the air. I'll see you all upon the morrow!

Also, my ipod came in so handy today. Any road trip goes faster when you use the time to belt your favorite tunes... though sometimes I wonder what the people sitting in the car must be thinking cause when I'm belting I've also normally forgotten that my car is mainly comprised of windows.

I'm adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...