Wednesday, August 10, 2011

She is clothed with strength and dignity and skirts.

So today I made a skirt. From a pair of old jeans.


I feel like a crafty and super cute McGuyver.

I've been deciding to try wearing skirts more often. There are a few reasons for this, but one of them is just that I bought some cute sweater tights and tall socks and want to have a reason to wear them. Also skirts make me feel fancy and girly and who doesn't like that, right? Well, ok, boys don't. But all the girls do!

I think I blame pinterest.

Speaking of Pinterest I came across this quote the other day on there and was really struck by it, "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future." So, I immediately went to look it up, as is my wont with the internet at my fingertips. And lo and behold I discovered I should have already known. Maybe some of you recognized the quote? I'd never heard this particular version, and I think that is what threw me off.  It's from Proverbs 31:25 (aka the noble/virtuous wife passage.) And I thought-- that's the type of lady I want to be. One who is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future. And how very appropriate that it should come from the Bible... Where so much of my strength comes from.

And I'm falling asleep at the computer typing this--- memo to self: don't stay up till 6:30 AM writing a blog post, skip your nap, and then figure you will be able to stay awake. You won't. I'll have to leave it there for now. But I loves ya!

Numbers 6: 24-26
The LORD bless you
and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...