Monday, August 22, 2011

Thoughts of school...

My left arm is crazy sore today. I have a theory that I used my arms equally at the City Museum, but since I'm right handed my left arm is the sore one, because it's not used to lifting and toting and the like.

Course that could all be malarky, I dunno.

I finally ate at Ihop... and those pancakes were yummy.

I was just looking at the English professors so I could know who my teacher was going to be and realized I'm a bit of an ageist when it comes to professors. I want my professors to be over age 40... That's a bit weird, eh? Doesn't seem to matter to me if they are male or female... but I want them to be old. I wonder why that is? I had an English teacher in high school that was only 4 years older than me and it was fine. I actually really liked her... And don't even get me started on Mr. Citron, who, as I recall, was to-die-for-cute and couldn't have been more than 10 years or so older than us Jr. High girls. I was a young teacher and I have friends who are young professors at both MSU and OTC... My favorite preacher from home was only 8 years older than me, and Tim isn't that much older than me either, so I don't seem to have a problem with someone close to my age having a bit of authority over me... and yet I was relieved/happy when I saw that my English prof has a good 20-30 years on me. What's up with that?

I'm about to change my name with MSU... they still have me on their books under my maiden name.... seems very odd to be changing my name because of marriage after my husband has died, but since I don't plan on changing my name back, just to change it again if I re-marry, that's what needs to be done. S'weird though.

Just realized that will be a rather strange role call on Tuesday... since I'll be turning things in as Dunn... I just hope the prof notes the name change without comment... because I'm not going to be able to let something like a marriage congratulations pass without making some sort of comment that could get awkward very easily. Yes, I should have changed my name a while ago to avoid this possible kerfuffle. Oy vey. A lot can happen in 5 years... a whole life can blink in and then out of existence. 

Anywho, the bed, she calls to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...