Thursday, August 11, 2011

"I'm like a koala bear- I can't be sexy!"

Dang it! I forgot stuff in Katie and Jonny's fridge. Again. Dearest Katerina and Jonathan, I promise to rescue my things from your fridge upon the morrow. (Katie's name is actually just Katie, but I wanted to make it more formal sounding.)

Am I the only person who thinks a baked potato sounds amazing right now? As most of you read this in the morning, I going to guess, yes.

I'm considering switching up how my blog works and having "theme" days. A blogger-ess whom I read recently did this and it worked out well for her, and it might be nice for you all so that you get less whatever-randomly-falls-out-of-my-fingertips and more focused posts. But what do you think? Do you have an opinion? If you are pro-themed days what are your themed suggestions?

So tonight we broke out the chat pack and here is a fun question from it: If you had to describe your personality as a farm animal which would you choose and why?

I (as per usual with these types of questions) was stumped and made everyone else answer for me. But there was not a clear consensus. The suggestions were: A pheasant or peacock, a calf, or a show horse. I lean towards show horse, but I still don't know for sure. What do you vote for or do you think I'm a different animal all together? What do you think you are?

I love el chat pack for several reasons. I love long rambling late night conversations with friends, I think the answers are fascinating and you never know where your conversation will go. For example, tonight I learned that boys think girls' hair is sexy and the easiest way to change one's sex appeal is change one's hair. This came from a question about what what you would entitle a song about the things currently happening in your life. (and I know it's a shocker but none of this was related to my hair extensions!) Apparently everyone in the world knows this but I totally missed the train. It's amazing how clueless I still find myself, even though I consider myself a reasonably smart gal.

Recently a kid on the Glee Project said, "I'm like a koala bear- I can't be sexy!" Oh yes, this I can identify with this... at least I can some of the time. Skirts are also good for this. Guaranteed to make a gal feel sexier. And sides... Koala bears have babies... so.. I'm just sayin'...

You know, sometimes blog posts, like conversations, can end up in weird places. Only in blog form it's easy to retrace your thought pattern... and be amazed at how strangely your mind works. This is one of those times.

5 comments:

  1. I'm just going to leave this here:
    http://is-mental.blogspot.com/2008/05/sexy-koala.html


    I think pheasant is a good one for you. Show horse also works, although I think of show horses as temperamental in a way I don't think of you being. I think I would be a chicken. Always looking slightly deranged, strong motherly instincts that are not necessarily limited to my own chicks/species (I'm thinking of all those pictures of chickens (s)mothering kittens/puppies/etc.), and strangely terrifying when angry! Matt would be a duck. Mostly laid-back, sometimes plunging under the surface of things, and kind of adorably helpless when nervous.

    I can relate to being clueless about the hair thing. Matt and I recently had a conversation about things I thought boys would find disgusting when I was in middle school and now realize boys either don't care about at all or totally love. He laughed pretty hard. Apparently I was distinctly mistaken on several counts.

    I like your random musings as they are, but will not object to theme days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story: after writing this, I left the computer and went about my morning. While in the shower, I hear Matt say, "WHAT?!!" from the living room. Then he walks into the bathroom and says, "WHY in the world did you Google 'sexy koala'?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Sadie, What is the Carter family experience with pheasants? Cause Jonny was the one who thought I was a pheasant in the first place, and I don't even know enough about pheasants to know why ya'll think I'm like one.

    Also I laughed a lot about Matt's confusion over sexy koala. He apparently needs to read my blog. The world will make so much more sense to him then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a baked potato sounds delicious. But it's nighttime, so that makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really sure I have any experience with pheasants. I guess I think of them as motherly like chickens, but faster and more sleek and savvy? I mean, those are all fine qualities to have, right? But Jon and I have scarily similar lines of thinking sometimes. It's weird, because as kids, everyone in the family was always telling us how different we were (and we were!), but now that we're grown up, people are always telling me, "You and your brother are so much alike."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...