Wednesday, August 3, 2011

They say it's my birthday!

It's 20 minutes to my birthday and to celebrate my day I will be attempting to go to bed by 12:30. That gives me a good 50 minutes to write this blog in. We'll see if I make it, or not.

I'd like to thank The Cup and Starbucks for sending me postcards for free things on my birthday. I'm excited about that red velvet cupcake and venti iced white chocolate peppermint mocha no whip. Yeah, I said venti-- it's my birthday and it's free! Time to get wired!

I have a few slogans for today that I would like to share with you:

Always a classic
Me too! ... on the cheek, of course! :)
And when in doubt
"Happy 6th Birthday Sarah"= greatest 28th birthday slogan ever.
Ok so that last one is just because I wanted to call in the Darth Vader, light-saber-wielding, rainbow-jumping, My-Little-Pony-riding, sprinkle and flower bedecked, cavalry. I mean who doesn't wanna call in that cavalry? That cavalry rocks so hard they get pink trimmings.

I don't really have any deep thoughts on this, the early morning of my 28th birthday. I suppose it isn't late enough for my supposedly deep thoughts to arise... I'm happy to be 28 though. Happy to say goodbye to a year which pretty well completely sucked and happy to say hello to a new year bright with hope and promise and... well, hope. 28 is gonna be good. It's gotta be. There has been enough of the tears.

Bring on Darth Vader, and rainbows, and My Little Ponies, and flowers, and sprinkles, and light sabers!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - happy birthday and all that. To business:

    I wasn't going to say anything, being your birthday and all, but after careful consideration I decided to share this next with you for 2 reasons: 1. you shouldn't turn 28 without knowing this and 2. you used the word three times (twice would have been over-lookable, but thrice???).

    I once knew a person with the last name Calverly. I had a hard time pronouncing it. But in adversity there is opportunity, and I had the opportunity to learn the following:

    Calvary is where Jesus died.
    Cavalry is horse warriors.

    Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *L* thanks I shall correct it. I've been instructed on the difference before but it never sticks in my brain when it comes down to it. Perhaps birthday admonishment is what I need to make it stay this time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...