Sunday, October 9, 2011

Craving human interaction

With the exception of game night, the most human interaction I have had all week was in my writing class.  That's right. All hour and 15 minutes of class is the greatest amount of time I've spent with anyone  all week, besides game night which it sounds like might be ending with the holidays...

So that's nearly over, another set of friends is moving away at the end of the month, and several other friends/people have moved away in the past few months. So much change, so much loss, so much different... and here I am desperately flailing to figure out how to have a single person's social life.

 I kinda feel like I'm going crazy, but... people are busy. My friends have lives and significant others and other friends and babies and families and Octoberfest... and all of this would be fine and normal if Nathan was still here.

I would have what I needed and while I'd miss everyone... people have busy seasons and I know schedules will lighten up eventually... but now... now everyone else's life has returned to what it was before, basically... or has moved on at least. And that means that I'm not a priority. I hate being needy. It's not something that makes people want to hang out with you... but what am I supposed to do??

Someone get me back in the dorms. At least in the dorms if I wanted company all I had to do was start baking and let the 2nd floor know. That was a good system. It worked out well back when I had like 60 guys who enjoyed freshly baked goods at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...