Thursday, October 27, 2011

Prayer, luck, and small town charm

I love my thermal shirts-- I just want to wear them all the time.  They keep me so warm!

Wow. That was exceedingly eloquent, eh? Next thing you know I'm gonna be writing poetry about thermal shirts.

I gave myself french tips last night... Harder than it looks, my friends. But my nails are super yellow, so french tips are the only way for them to look "natural." Then I put on iridescent sparkles. Cause, well, have you met me? Didn't I just say iridescent?

I've discovered within myself a pretty serious sarcastic deadpan. If I think that someone is saying something ridiculous/bragging-but-phrasing-it-like-a-complaint, and I decide to call them out on it... I *really* call them out on it.

Totally made up example:
Other person: "Gosh, I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what investments I should make for my 401K." (Can you even choose 401k investments? Heck if I know!)

Me: (staring at them) Man, Life's rough.

Some people find this amusing... I find the fact that other people find it amusing, amusing. (I structured that last sentence just so I could say amusing 2 times in quick succession. Which was also, amusing.)

Life experiences are *so* different. I mean... that's kinda a duh statement, but every so often I forget... and then someone tells a story of their past and I'm just flabbergasted that anyone's parents were like that. That anyone's parents would choose such a vastly different way of raising their children than mine did. (Not even bad choices, per say, just very different.) And then I wonder what I would have been like if I'd had a different upbringing.

Who would I be today if my parents weren't my parents?

It's kinda a disturbing thought. Cause there are things within myself that I recognize as unhealthy desires. And I've been taught how to suppress them... I don't think that's a bad thing- though perhaps some people might. But if I'd not been taught to suppress those things? If I'd had any inkling that I could get  away with living how I wanted when I was was a teenager, full of raging hormones?

I guess I've just turned around for a moment and looked back at the twisting path I took through the landmine ridden field of adolescence and wondered how I escaped relatively unscathed.

I'm gonna say it was a mixture of prayer, luck, and small town charm.

In other news, I'm really glad I have good hair genes. Thanks Mom and Dad. You didn't screw me up too terribly and I have good hair genes, to boot. I think that's more than any girl really has a right to ask for.

P.S. Oh my goodness. Gray pj pants with a gray and white striped thermal shirt make for the most adorable sleepy-time outfit. I look like an escaped denizen of Winkin'Blinkin'andNod-ville. Unexpected  thing I miss #9,000: Someone to appreciate it when I look really good/cute as I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...