Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wider than a mile

So, It was a good day.

I got up late and got some lunch, then went to work on my One Act. Yes that's right, I finally decided it's a One-Act. I need the lighting and actions too much for it to be Reader's Theatre. So I got to work and made good progress for 3 hours, until I hit a block. So I went and got a GWCPM (Grande White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha in case you don't read my blog much and aren't familiar with my obsession.) Then I came back and settled in for another 2 hours until a friend called in need of help.

It was my favorite kind of need for help. The kind that involves me going to the mall to help with costumes.

It was both fun and a good work out. Cause we only had 90 minutes... and btw we finished with 40 to spare. I am a go-go speed walker!

Then I decided since I was already out that I should look into this whole size-smaller jeans thing. So I went to Target where I got my current favorite pair of jeans, picked out a whole mess of jeans and went to the dressing room. I picked up the first pair and thought, "Who am I kidding? These aren't gonna fit me!" Tried anyway, and... they fit perfectly. Yesssssss!

They all fit, even the skinny leg jeans, though my calves felt like they were hulking out in those.

So now I own a pair of jeans exactly like the pair of jeans that are my favorites... only they are a size smaller than my favorites. Looks like there is a new favorite in town!

And then I bought some fingerless gloves that have a flap that makes them into mittens. Which makes them a portmanteau word-- Glittens? Miloves? They were way too expensive but I justified it to myself by putting back something else I was going to buy.

And then I got in my car and checked my phone and read an e-mail I'd just recieved:
"I love you Renee

Kadin Abigail Houf I’m 6"
She's 6 and I'm a melted pile of aunt-goo. Seriously, I love that kiddo so much!

And then I came home and finished my One Act. Or at least I think it's finished... and it was only an hour and 10 minutes and 34 seconds late.

I'm never quite sure... and it scares me so much to turn in something so different from my classmates... I'm not trying to zig when everyone else zags... but feels like I'm doing it anyway. So everyone else turned in these delightful little shows about fairy tales and princesses and some of them are hilarious. And I wrote a drama about a girl dealing with the death of her brother. ZAG! ZIG! WIGGITY WHACK!

I'm just sure that at some point they are going to all find out that I'm not nearly as good as they thought... that it was all just a fluke and I'm actually trite and cliche and predictable. And then the fall will be that much worse, because they thought I was good, before. And it's hard too, cause when you write something it's just so-- personal. You know? It's a part of me. A part of me that I'm saying, "Here, I think this is worthy. Judge it.  Rip it to shreds if you have to." *closes eyes with a wince and then peeks with one eye*

And if they love it... well then they love *you.*

But if they hate it... well, then they hate *you.*

And if you recall, I even want the Taliban to like me.

At least Kadin loves me.

P.S. Because of an episode of Hart of Dixie (don't judge!) I became obsessed with "Moon River" today. Here's my favorite girl version:

1 comment:

  1. I've loved Moon River since high school- if wer're talking about the same song. For some reason I can't open your You Tube link. My first exposure was from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...