Saturday, October 8, 2011

Knees and Calves

My left knee hurts.

It's been hurting for like two weeks now...  Do you know how many millions of different things could cause one of your knees to start hurting? Approximately 4.

There was no flash of pain type beginning. I just started to notice that it hurt if I bent it or moved it... and it really hurts if I kneel on it. Sometime it hurts more than other times but I always feel it when I move my leg.

I don't like it.

It's really impressive how many books Mercedes Lackey can turn out in a year... she's got like 5 series and one of her books is released like every 6 months... maybe even closer to every 3-4 months. Props to Misty. 

Much running around town was done today. Almost bought some boots, but I didn't think I'd wear them enough to justify it. Which brings me to my next thought

Along with a large head I apparently have large calves. Now don't get me wrong. I actually think I have pretty good gams, but I have quite the time finding tall boots that I can wear because my calves are so big... my calves might be the most muscular part of my body. Why are they so huge?  How do you get normal sized calves?

It really weirds me out sometimes that this:



Is the same word as this:

BTW there are some mighty gross looking pictures of body builders' calves out there for the googling.... you know, if you are into that type of thing.

I'm not.

I'm into thick eyebrows.

1 comment:

  1. Scary fact: there is a surgery to sever a nerve in your calf so that the muscle will atrophy, making your calves thinner. You'll never run up a flight of stairs again, but hey, you'll fit in those boots... Ugh. The existence of this surgery makes me feel nauseated. And angry.

    In other news, a shoemaker can insert elastic panels into your boots (like an inset zipper) so they stretch around your calves. Lately I have become obsessed with shoe alteration. It's a wonderful thing. Also, Lane Bryant-- their boots have more calf room. I saw it in one of their ads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...