Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Like a tween loves Beiber

I think it might be time to break out the fall slipper socks. They are these lovely thick wool socks that my mother in law gave me once upon a time... I think possibly before she was my mother in law. They are rainbow specked with a black base and they keep my feet warm but not sweaty like slippers do. I can't handle slippers because of the sweaty feet factor. :s Eww.

Three things in my life were constant when it came to my mom while I was growing up: Magnets, Iced Tea, and Slippers.

I barely own any magnets, I like tea but almost never make it... in fact I melted my tea pitcher.

See? It now has two pour spouts and the lid doesn't fit on it... Turns out they actually mean it when they say don't put it in the dishwasher. Who knew?!?

And I actively dislike slippers. But I've never liked having things on my feet... my feet get really hot sometimes. Have I told you about me and footie pajamas? Back when I was an adorable tyke my mom had to cut the feet off my footie pajamas, because if she didn't I would unzip them and take my legs out of them during the night. So in the morning I'd be walking around with just the arms in my pjs... like I had a long sleeved, foot-ied cape. Suddenly this sounds like a story in my Early reader... I should probably add a chapter.

PS I stepped on a needle and poked a hole in my big toe when looking for my camera to take a picture of my melted tea pitcher. I hope you appreciate the lengths I go to for you. I knew I lost a needle yesterday. Oh well, at least I stepped on it and not a guest of my house.

Guest of my house. Who talks like that?

me.

You know what I would really like to find, but have pretty much given up on? A white sweater with little tiny rainbow flecks. Basically a funfetti sweater, like the one the girl is wearing here:

Also pictured: Actual funfetti.

I know- not the greatest of pictures: Here's another that I found:

Also pictured: Ginormo belt and tree stump

It's a pretty 70's thing I think, but come on-- It's so me!

It's also very hard to google... which means it's hard to find in real life, too. But I love it. I love it like a tween loves Beiber.

And that's saying something.

2 comments:

  1. I have some funfetti yarn, but given that I've knitted exactly 10 rows in the last two years, I wouldn't count on that amounting to anything. Would you like a funfetti dish cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks, but I don't think I should, lest I want to wear the dishcloth like a sweater. A dish cloth just is not large enough to be a sweater- despite what the pop star ladies of the 90's would have liked us to believe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...