Monday, October 3, 2011

Phoenix

Been writing for my class. It really helped being around Kadin and Jeriah this weekend. Especially since Kadin is around the beginning of the age range that these early readers are gauged for. Reminds me what's important/interesting to a 5 year old.

I've got a post inside of me that will soon come to fruition, I think... it's going to talk about dealing with emotions rather then stuffing them or avoiding them and hoping that they go away because they are not logical. It's not quite there... or more accurately, I have too many other things that I want to talk about and I think this post should stand on it's own. So you just get this teaser for tonight.

Have you heard the  "You and I" song by Lady Gaga??  It sounds *really* country... and she's singing about Nebraska. If that doesn't say country song disguised as a Gaga tune, I don't know what does. She even throws in spoken comments ala early 90's Shania Twain. Lady Gaga: embracing the unexpected since... birth.

9PM run to Wal-mart with the windows rolled down-- Just lovely. I'm happy that I live in the city so that a half hour run to Wal-mart is actually a possibility. I really do enjoy living in the city. I have a great fondness for country living... but going back to it would be really hard.

I loooove cinnamon.. I might even lurve it.

I was reminded of Jerimiah 29 today. In particular, 10-14 :
This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Sometimes I hate the verses like this. I want to yell. "I was prospering! What happened to not harming me! I've been harmed! I followed You as well as I possibly could. How could You let this happen? How could You?"

But I also remember the ways that I've been held up through this whole process. How many wonderful people have come alongside of me just as I needed them. How many incredible experiences I've had that can only be attributed to God placing the right people in the right places. How I always seem to have someone to turn to. How big of an impact Nathan has had on people's lives, even without the chance to turn 26.

So sometimes God telling me " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Sometimes it feels like a warm blanket wrapped around me. He has plans to give me hope and a future... hope and a future where I see only ashes. God's gonna make my life a phoenix.

1 comment:

  1. I think about that verse a lot, too. Because it's given to people who are in exile, and they have to complete 70 years of exile before they will be "brought back." So it's kind of a bittersweet promise and hard to understand.

    That said, in bouts of homesickness I really rely on, "I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...