Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Twila

Stayed up far too late doing laundry last night... and then got up early for packing/traveling. I'm really glad that driving in the Prius isn't so bad.... but man did I get tired early tonight.  That said, I still have to write this here blog and shower before I sleep, so it may be a short post.

It's my grandmother's 80 birthday tomorrow.


Isn't that thing cool? That's all of my grandmother's grandchildren and great grandchildren (marrieds together) spelling out Happy Birthday Grandma Twila- 80. It was the brainchild of one of my aunts and I really like it. We are a crazy quilt of cousins-all 30 of us... holy jeepers, I'm one of 30 first and second cousins.. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my family? Cause I do. Every last one of 'em.

So I'm at "home" -technically at Rhonda's home tonight. Going to Memphis post-festivities tomorrow. Surprise festivities, so I sincerely hope my Grandma doesn't read my blog... but I don't know that she's quite that tech-savvy, so I think I'm ok.

I'm living on the edge, telling the internet beforehand. But that's just how I am- a risk taker. Wild and dangerous.. you know, me and my general wholesome-ness. (There is a reason that mothers like me more than their sons do, normally.) I have to say I get a seriously different reaction to the streak of color in my hair based on my local. In Springfield no one notices or seems to care and I get regular compliments on it. In Kirksville I had some askance glances and little old ladies who either eyed me with amusement or suspicion. In my sister's small town no one says a word about it but I get such looks! Meanwhile my niece and nephew think it's awesome.

Luckily for me, I think it's awesome, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...