Friday, February 24, 2012

Broseph

I had a really strange day today.

Basically everyone I spoke to acted out of character.

Or, if not "out of character" they just said very surprising things.

I complimented a friend on his hair and he told me in no uncertain terms that he would never Ever EVER be wearing his hair like this on purpose.

I said, "Wow that's some strong opinion--Chillax! Just trying to give you a compliment, Broseph."

I didn't actually say it like that.  Those were false quotation marks.

I've never called anyone Broseph...

Though I kinda want to, now.

Broseph did see the error of his ways and realize I was just trying to say I liked his hair- not that I was suggesting he should consider changing everything about his life and style because I made a stray comment.... Then he thanked me for the compliment.

"Crazy-Pants-Broseph," that's what they call him.

It's not.

No one has ever called him that.

I faked you out with the quotations again. See, I can use them like that because I am a writer of fiction.

Don't you wish you were a writer of fiction?

Anyway, the day was full of things like that-- and that was just one person and something that I can actually discuss.

but there were lots of situations similar to this today that I can't really talk about.

Just because my life is an open book doesn't mean everyone else's is.

I did see an old artist man in hipster glasses and beret discussing how he could hang an art piece in Starbucks today... that was pretty great. I enjoy the surreptitious people-watching that can be done at Starbucks.

Maybe the next time I see him I'll say, "Hey, Hipster-Beret-Old-Broseph! How's the hanging?"

...or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. This was really funny. I read it aloud to Josh and he laughed and said it was funny too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...