Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A one-year blog like so many

Well, here I am...  this blog marks one year of blogging-- Well, it actually marks one year of blogging every single day. Yes, I missed a few days because of power outages and the like... but nearly everyday for an entire year. I think that is impressive... And I only broke into mediocre poetry a few times-- and it was at the very beginning just after Nathan died, so I think you all forgave me. Definitely an accomplishment. Both for you and for me. :)

By the way, I recommend checking out the new blonde "Willow" roast at Starbucks... I think it's really nice... I know a lot of people complain that Starbucks "burns" their beans, but this coffee isn't burnt at all... it's hardly got any of that bitter coffee aftertaste. If I were to drink a coffee black it might be this one... I won't, of course, but I'm just saying. I enjoyed it far more than the "green" drink my aunt made... which was basically spinach and peaches. bleh.  I wish I could buy the Starbucks white chocolate sauce... but you pretty well have to buy it in bulk and as much as I love it, I don't need bulk quantities just sitting around my place.

I love the smell of black tea.... they should make the smell of "Constant Comment" into a candle. I'd wear it around like it wasn't a home fragrance. Cause that is how I roll.

I think I didn't get sick. My immune system for the win! Though I'm still waiting a few more days to declare victory, lest I jinx something. *knocks on wood*

I moseyed around on the IKEA website today-- I hate that so much of their stuff isn't sold online. Or maybe I don't, cause I definitely put over 2000 dollars worth of stuff on my "wish" list. But I wasn't being particular either so I have a few different desks and such on there... though honestly I need to remember that we do have a "Wood You" here in town and I love their stuff, too, AND it's all wood, not veneers. I think my next purchase might be a couple of bookshelves... or maybe a dining room table so I can make my current "dining" room table into a crafting table... oooo a crafting table. I wish there were more Ikeas so that I could register there if I ever get married again. Maybe I should just list Ikea giftcards as a wedding purchase idea. Or Wood You... Most of my family would heartily approve of me wanting all wood furniture. Especially since I would assure them that I would not paint it.

I'm looking into moving (thus the sudden interest in Ikea) and I'd totally decided on an apartment and then I found this adorable little "bungalow" or at least it's called that... It has cheaper rent than an apartment and about the same utilities as I pay now. (I looked it up.) So I'm going to look into that now. Can't hurt, right?

I'm also looking into townhouse style apartments... seems like that would be good for losing weight-- having stairs. As long as I don't have to go up and down them with groceries... Although I just realized that the townhouses I was looking at have washer dryer hookups in the basement-- which would mean 2 flights of stairs to get my laundry put away... this seems slightly dangerous... I do miss stairs though. My dream house has stairs... several flights... my dream home has 3 stories... and a basement. And walnut trim, throughout... and secret passages... at least 3. and a turret... and the list could go on and on, though I've given up the idea of having a stream run through my living room. I thought that would be awesome in high school. But the secret passages... those still would be awesome.

My, I'm rambly tonight... well, I guess that's not so unusual... rather fitting for the one-year blog.

P.S. Please enjoy this word with your morning beverage of choice: flim-flammery.

mmmmmmm tasty word candy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...