Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thoughts

The other day I put on a shirt that used to be too tight in the arms and it wasn't anymore.

Yes!

I haven't hung out with guys in a really long time... and all the girls in my life are excited about "girl time" and while I definitely want to be included in that... I kinda wish there were more co-ed functions. But I don't want to always be the odd one out in a group of couples... We need to have a fabulous church mixer or something... Someone find me a matchmaker!

I did have writing group tonight, with two boys... it was rather nice... though I missed my girl counterpart.

There is just not enough biting sarcasm and quiet droll-ness in my life.

That said, there is lots and lots of sensitivity to my feelings and talking things through.

Huzzah. :s

Seriously. I'm complaining about this?? No wonder my subconscious doesn't know if I'm a guy or a girl.

But a balance is good, and I'm lacking a lot of balance right now.

I was saying today that sometimes I get afraid that I'll settle just because I get lonely... and the girls that I was talking to were just like, "Noooo. You won't. That's not in your nature. I don't think you could even if you wanted to. You know exactly what you want, and you won't be ok with less."

It was nice... reassuring that 1) I still don't always know myself that well.

and 2) My friends do know me that well.

I'm glad that if even if I can't predict myself, others can.

And in a totally unpredictable move, I think I'm gonna make lemon bars tomorrow... yeah, didn't see that one coming, didja?

or maybe brownies.....

9 comments:

  1. No, I didn't make anything... though I think I might tomorrow... and they will be Pioneer Woman's. I swear that woman sold her soul to the devil for the ability to make the best tasting food ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought lemons and a zester yesterday all because of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you didn't like lemon bars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't. But, I liked them when Katie made PW's for Nathan's funeral dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no, no, not you, Katie. PW sold her soul. We just reap the benefits via her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Well, that's ok then. For me, anyway...for her, it sounds like a raw deal.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...