Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chi-town Perspective

Went to Chicago today. Did a lot of fun things. Finally got to go to an Ikea... I loved that. I could spend all my money and my time there... and be very happy.... except for being sad that I had no more money to spend.

Ate at a couple of great restaurants and I now know I could survive in Greece... if everyone spoke English.

Also went to Willow Creek which is apparently one of the biggest (the biggest?) church in the country... and decided that I do not like big churches. They are great for some people, and I understand the appeal of being able to remain anonymous... but... I don't like it. I missed my own little church.

Also... I realized that while none of my friends would ever label me as a liberal- in comparison to a good portion of my family, I am. I mean I went to a state school... I didn't/wouldn't even consider a Christian college. I love Harry Potter and lots of other fantasy books written by people other than Tolkien and CS Lewis.

I love my family and they love me... it's just weird to realize how dissimilar we are in our world views. Luckily, I don't come from a family of judgers or it would cause problems... but it's like I'm a rebel, which for anyone who knows me is an entirely laughable statement.

I guess I'm just independent... which honestly, isn't something I'd have labeled myself last year... but I'm starting to realize doesn't make it any less true.

Kinda makes me feel better... as though everything that's happened to me hasn't really changed *me* so much as my perspective on myself.

So maybe Nathan would still recognize me.... and hopefully he'd be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...