Friday, February 3, 2012

Travel Plans

I bring to you a blog in the style of "Hyperbole and a Half" (all illustrations were done with a track pad, because I forgot my mouse at home and also because I am insane.)

Here's the thing about me and travel plans. I always start out so reasonably.

I will pack the night before.
I will go to sleep at midnight.
I will get gas in the morning.
... and coffee.
I will leave town at 10.
I say "start out," because somewhere along the line I go a little crazy for no apparent reason and I get super ambitious.

I decide- I will pack 2 days before!
 ...and do laundry
....and clean all the things!
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html 
Of course, those things don't happen and suddenly it's the night before I leave and I'm spending way too much time on the computer....
So I have to amend the plan... but I still believe in myself!

I come up with a new and better plan!

I will get up at 7!
I will pack in the morning!
I will shower!
...and get coffee!
...and gas!
I will leave at 9!
But planning the plan takes a long time... and then there is still the internet... so then I go to bed at two...
 and 7AM comes...
and 7:30...
and 8...
and 8:30
But I finally get up and pack...
I shower ...
I leave the house at 10...
And I still have to get coffee...
and gas.
So I don't leave town till 10:30.

One of these days I'm gonna learn, but it wasn't today...

Maybe next time.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally get this. Except mine has the additional feature of me promising John that we'll leave at such and such hour and then he gets stuck with loading the entire car while I'm frantically packing waaay too much stuff, and then I/we leave four hours late... and have to speed to get to our destination on time, etc, etc, etc.

    P.S. Hyperbole and a Half is quite wonderful, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your angry face at 8:30. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks Sadie, I was pretty happy with it too... I also enjoy my hand at Starbucks in each scenario.. especially my "Ooh ooh, pick me! Give the coffee to me!" hand and then the emo one where it looks like the dude is going to have to drop it from a height for me to catch it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...