Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stronger

I've been jamming out to a Kelly Clarkson song that's all over the radio lately.

It's actually talking about a break-up. But the part that I sing really loudly with the windows down is the chorus:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger  
Stand a little taller  
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone  
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter  
Footsteps even lighter  
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
Please note there is a little bit of anger in this song... and it's not anger at Nathan that I'm feeling when I'm belting- it's more like anger at the people who assume that I'm this completely broken person... or the people who talk about your spouse being your life/heart/soul... or anyone who ever says that Nathan "lost" his battle to cancer.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger and I stand a little taller. It doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. What doesn't kill you makes you a fighter. My footsteps are even lighter. It doesn't mean I'm over because he's gone.

I don't understand why people can be victorious after a breakup but no one celebrates strength after death. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty certain it's harder to get through than a break-up.

Then again, maybe it's not, cause I don't have any insecurities brought on by death...

Who's to say? I don't think it will be me.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - I was listening to the radio the other day and I heard this song and I thought of you. But I was afraid to tell you, because I wasn't sure how you felt about Kelly Clarkson.

    Maaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeee I was listening to it and thinking of you WHILE you were listening to it and singing along!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...