Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V is for Victory!

I feel like a widow should have a lot to say about Valentine's Day, but I don't know that I do. I had a really happy day. I liked seeing all the flowers on facebook, I got a lot done at work, I wore pink and knew what day it was, but it's the happiest Valentine's Day as a single gal I think I've ever had, honestly.

I do like a day that celebrates love. Yes, this particular day is over-commercialized (Rhonda, I say that for you.) But the idea of this day is not a bad one... hey, lets everyone in the world celebrate love.

I had a great night. Natalie invited me and Kara over to her house (her husband was working late) and we hung out and talked... and talked... and talked. It was great. Everyone told their proposal story, cause we're girls and that's how we roll.  But, my, we talked about so much else.

But it was just really great... and I didn't feel sad that I don't have a specific Valentine... I mean yes, of course I would like to have someone to hold hands with and be overly mushy with and swoon over... but I'm feeling pretty content with where I am... I mean I don't seem to have enough time to take out my trash as it is, so maybe this is just my time in life to be busy and God will bring someone along when He doesn't have so much for me to do.... Or maybe this is just what it is... either way, it's ok... I've got plenty going on, and I'm good with that.

Is this what it's like to be a grown up on Valentine's Day?

Something humorous I noticed about myself tonight?

I've heard people say that the way to get a parent to like you is to compliment their child.... and I know that the same holds true of family in general. Well, I don't have children, and my family lives far away... but I tell you what, if a person seems to like my best friend, I instantly like them more. And if I can see that you think she's as hilarious and smart and slightly insane (in a good way) as I do.... Well, then I know we've got something in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...