Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dreaming & Brownie Cakes

I don't often remember dreams. Which is one of the many reasons why I am so frustrated with my dreams of late. Cause I've been remembering them... and it seems without fail, if I'm remembering the dream, I'm dreaming that Nathan didn't really die. Today I took a nap, and it must have been the 5th time where I dreamed that we all thought he died and we had the funeral, but we were wrong and he got better and came back home and everything was normal... only this time, he'd left again. And I didn't know where he'd gone and the whole dream was me just looking for him everywhere.

Just me looking for him everywhere.... yeah, that doesn't sound like my life at all.

In other news, I was going to lament to you my lack of cocoa powder. You see I decided to make brownies. This is a perfectly normal thing to do at 11:30 PM. Well, ok perhaps it's a perfectly normal thing for widows who've had a bad day to do at 11:30 PM... or maybe just for me...But ANYWAY I went to my pantry and alas the cupboard was bare... and by 'bare" I mean I didn't have enough cocoa powder. And I was all set to complain on my blog about my lack of cocoa powder, (because complaining is more cathartic than driving to Wal-mart at 11:30 at night) when I started complaining to my friend, Ryan. And then he offered up an idea that had not occurred to me, and is also sheer brilliance: "make like 3 brownie cupcakes." 

So hear I sit, with the scent of chocolate in the air and about a minute to go before I go check on the best idea on the planet

(2 minutes later) .... ok, it's official. Best idea on the planet. Fo shizzle. I told fb and I'm telling you- Ryan is a genius.



Also fun is that when baked in cupcake liners, brownies will crawl up the side and form a dome and then, when they cool, they crack and the center sinks down leaving the outside as an overhang and creating little brownie caves where the weary traveler can rest and get out of the rain...

Until they are DEVOURED! NOM NOM NOM!

Seriously, yo. Check out my fiiine photography skillz. It took a while to find the setting that would capture that glory as it was meant to be seen. I landed on "document." Who'da thunk?

I don't even know that there is anything that can follow this. I think I will just have to leave it here.

Chocolate.

It can cure the ills of the world.... and it's good for dementor attack, so pretty multi-facated, that.

3 comments:

  1. Okay - you have a history of poor performance when it comes to identifying the funniest line from your post (remember the GPS 'ow did you get over there?' incident). SO: just in case, I shall identify the funniest part of this post for you (I laughed out loud):
    ...leaving the outside as an overhang and creating little brownie caves where the weary traveler can rest and get out of the rain...

    Very funny. Maybe you knew that, but I didn't want to take any chances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreams! I know them well. You have no idea how many times I have dreamed that Tim is back, but it is only for a short time and I know he is leaving again. It is so weird and it leaves you feeling so unnerved and unsettled when you wake up. Best I can tell though...they are a phase and they do lessen with time. I haven't had one in a while now....so I am probably due! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs make me SOOOOOOO hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...