Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yee-haw!

I know ya'll have thought this for a while now, but I'm actually going to admit to it now... My sleep schedule is janked up. Last night I slept from 4-8... and then this afternoon I slept from 4-8. Now if you add all that up it's the proper amount of sleep. However, it's *supposed* to all be slept at once, not in 4 hour shifts.

Janked.

Up.

Work is crazy this week. It's a short week, there is much to be accomplished, and oh yeah the air conditioner in the office is broken.

I think I'll be wearing shorts a lot more this week than I normally would.

I've had a strange desire to listen to country music lately. Now don't get me wrong, I never went through the "I hate country" phase that many of my comrades from small town-land did. I'm not really sure why. That said I don't listen to it all that often anymore. Certainly not enough to meet my cousin Wyatt's standards, who will mention about 3 songs/artist of country music and look at me with disappointment when I only recognize 1 of them. But I grew up on the rhythm of a steel guitar, you could say.. though I can't for the life of me place that lyric, now. I appreciate the story-telling of country music, and though the scooping can get a little old, I appreciate the heartfelt-ness of it.

Plus it's just charming.

I blame the cowboy hats. Any grin is more charming under a cowboy hat.

Really cowboys have decades of charm that they are relying on. Charm, calling ladies, "Ma'm" and dimples.

Gosh cowboys, start pulling your own weight! Quit resting on your laurels!

I suddenly have a strong desire to go find a gingham shirt to wear with my shorts... and to put my hair in braids... and wear my boots about... Seriously, where is this all coming from? I'm not normally country crazy. Mayhaps it's just my penchant for costumes? Wear what you feel, right?

I was in drama, not FFA, and I don't actually want to raise cows, just look at their cute babies from a distance. Green Acres is not the place for me. It's the place for me to visit and feel nostalgic about.

I want to go on vacation. But I don't know where I would go (someplace exciting/fun?), or who I would go with, cause I sure shootin' ain't gonna go by myself. Worst. idea. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...