Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello, Horizons, Wanna Expand?

The problem with curly hair is that it requires you to shower in the morning, rather than at night. The problem with showering in the morning is it requires you to get up earlier than you otherwise would. The problem with getting up earlier is it requires you to stop hitting the snooze button. The problem with no longer hitting the snooze button is that you aren't getting any extra 5 minutes. The problem with no extra 5 minutes is that you went to bed at 4 in the morning and every 5 minutes is a vital 5 minutes. So me not getting enough sleep? Basically it's my curly hair's fault.

On a note related to my blog from yesterday, Kara thinks I need to take adventure suggestions from you, dear readers. When I say "adventure suggestions" I mean....well,  pretty much anything... Kara mentioned going back to school for interior design, which I'm strongly considering, and she also mentioned taking up hiking... which I am open to, but slightly hesitant about- I've never been super outdoorsy... and hiking seems heavy. No literally, the backpacks seem heavy. But there are many other risks in this world, and adventures to be had, and mayhaps you can think of a few that you think I should embark on. So go ahead. Tell me what you think I should do. The worst that can happen is I'll say, "No way, hombre." But who knows? Maybe I'll say, "Hello, horizons, wanna expand?"

Tonight I determined that if I ever get a tattoo-- and most likely I never will- but if I do, it will be of a swallow. Black ink, simple silhouette, classic/ pretty, somewhere on my right shoulder blade.

They are classic tattoos, which I like- Giving a nod to the history of the tattoo. They are graceful (which I'm totally not- though I so wish I was!) They represent a safe return home, a hardship survived, loyalty, love  and freedom, depending on who you ask, and those are all ideas that I very much support. :) They can also represent nautical miles logged, but I'll just ignore that one. Plus it just feels right... I've never known what I would get as a tattoo before and then Katie said "bird," and I there it was, in my head, as though it'd just been waiting for me to discover the idea. I think I might be turning into more of an intuitive... Ya think that's possible?

Ok, an hour just went past as I sat here typing and I had no idea.... I should probably go to bed.. I mean, that is, if my hair will let me get any sleep.

1 comment:

  1. OMG hiking hiking hiking. Perhaps on the scenic sand dunes of Indiana. Think about it: It's like being on Tattoine, but with a beach.

    If that makes no sense, please be advised that I am currently huffing tile glue. But not for pleasure. It's all business huffing for this church secretary.

    Wheeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...