Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's a brand new day

The human experience is such a roller coaster. Especially my life, right now. I have days where the only thing standing between me and total annihilation is a couple of brownie cakes, and then I have days where things just feel *right.* Where I feel like I can see into the future and I can tell it's all going to work out really well for me and all my friends.
Enter my theme music for today.

I feel a little bipolar, but I think it's just because the lows are so low right now that the highs seem so very tall. I'm sure it will even out, eventually. I mean life is certainly taking the upswing... but then again not sure how it could have gotten much worse, so an upswing was bound to happen at some point.

My family is coming into town on Thursday evening. Then on Friday I walk for Nathan.

Tonight I put away laundry, for the first time in far too long... I *do* the laundry, but it looks so happy there in a pile. I hate to take it away from the party and make it grow up and be responsible. Laundry just wants to have fun. Just like girls. Laundry and girls... pretty much the same thing- that's why women-folk so often get the laundry chore in the first place. It's because of the associations between laundry and girls and fun.

Riiiiiiiiight.

I cut my lip on a brownie cake wrapper. Those foil muffin liners are dangerous! No, you don't need to ask me why I had a foil muffin liner up close enough to my face to cut my lip. That is entirely irrelevant. It's not like I was getting the crumbs off the liner like a crazy person, or anything. Cause I don't do things like that. Especially not when I'm alone and no one can see me *eh hem* not do it.

Other things I have done-- narrowed my filing down to just one huge pile rather than a couch worth of it, in the office. That is quite the accomplishment, lemme tell you. I also got my nails did, watched Burlesque (Cher is still really pretty at age 64... and Christina Aguleria is a better actress than I'd have guessed.). I tried on all my jeans to determine which pairs were absolutely too big to wear, and wrote several e-mails. I'm a rock star.

Also a rockstar? Google's banner. Today they are Martha Grahaming it up and the other day was the "Little Miss, Mister Men" series.  *raises a glass* Here's to you, Google!

2 comments:

  1. You see?!? You see!?! I'm a girl, laundry is laundry - we BOTH just wanna have fun. THIS is why I do laundry so much.

    Except I've been slacking lately. I told Josh yesterday that it was the day of reckoning for the laundry. I washed 2 loads and folded nothing. Turned out the day of reckoning has more naps than I had anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I haven't put away laundry in over a month. I live out of two baskets: one clean and one dirty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...