Saturday, May 14, 2011

In which I pretend to speak French twice

I didn't post yesterday because Blogger was le broken.

Yeah, check me out, I didn't even take French in HS! I'm so cosmopolitan.

However, it's been an exceedingly long day full of stress and emotions and I'm kind of exhausted. So this will be a short post in the way of my posts.

Nathan graduated today. I was apparently on the jumbotron. Missouri State handled it beautifully, and so many people were so kind to me. Dr. Nugent was just as sweet as can be, giving me a hug and then going off script to explain what was happening, and she called Nathan beloved... probably because he was. I saw several people who I knew, including my adviser from college who came up and gave me a hug, a fellow teacher from Mt Vernon who got her masters, and several students who knew me or Nathan... or didn't and just told me what a great thing it was that I was there to get his degree for him. Apparently the faculty all stood up when I went to get his degree... that makes me tear up a little. And the faculty and staff at the religious studies reception before graduation made me a little weepy, too. Nathan so enjoyed the people in the Religious Studies department... and it's obvious that they loved him, too.

I felt rather out of place in my dress with everyone else in their academic regalia. But I got over that. Did I mention I was on the Jumbotron? That really makes me feel out of place. I haven't gotten over that one yet.

Dawn tells me I was smiling... I'm glad it looked that way, cause my eyes were crying.

In other news of a more exciting, less sad nature, I've been contracted to do some creative writing on a video game! I'm very excited about this. It's a kid's game, and that's pretty well all I can tell you right now, but I will be sure to announce it, when I'm allowed to. It's basically right up my alley, with a fine mix of incredibly precise and organized minutia (aka all the documents that I have to work on and update with all their little boxes), and room for my imagination to bounce around, too. It's only for one game, and I'll only be working on it for a few hours a day for a couple of months, so it's not like a career or anything... but if I love it, maybe someday I can make it one, the world being my oyster and all.

Anyhow, I think I may turn in a little early again tonight.. (I was in bed by 11:30 last night, believe it or not!) I have a date with doughnuts (and family) in the morning. And as I said, I'm tré tired.

Ooooh yeah, that's right, I'm so French I could be bread.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, okay. I'll be the le bitch (la bitch? la bitche?) and tell you tres is spelled with an s on the end.

    Seriously though - I'm so glad the graduation went well. Emotional of course - but I mean, I'm glad the university did a good job in handling the situation. Nathan was beloved. Makes it easy for people to do a good job in the remembering of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salope is bitch. If I am remembering correctly, la biche is a doe, a deer, a female deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je suis la salope then.

    Thanks Phil, for helping me take over Renee's comment section with profanity!

    Bad words for the win!!!

    (I'm gonna be such a good mom, right guys???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for getting up and meeting us for doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel better, everyone was on the Jumbotron. Well, everyone who got a diploma, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...