Monday, May 23, 2011

For Joplin

Yes, definitely need to start writing posts mid-afternoon if I'm going to be working late into the night, cause this just won't do...

But for today, I think I will just ask that you pray for the town and people of Joplin who were hit by an F4 tornado tonight. It took out the hospital along with so much else and I can't even imagine the chaos they must be facing now. Here is an article to find out more.

Personally, I had family who were in the theater next to the hospital. They are ok, but I'm told the theatre came crashing down around them, and my uncle Shane carried a neighbor boy, Job, who was with them to the hospital – unsure at the time if he was alive- he is, but he has since been taken by air to another hospital. They are not sure if he will make it.

Here are the ways that I could currently find to support the relief efforts:
Text REDCROSS to 90999 or visit redcross.org.
Contribute through Convoy of Hope by texting CONVOY to 50555 to donate $10
And the Springfield Blood Centers will open at 8am to give blood to those who have been injured.

So yes, please pray and consider donating something somewhere, as well?

1 comment:

  1. Praying like crazy. Glad your family are okay. Your uncle is a hero to that boys family I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...