Monday, May 16, 2011

Adventures of Hope

Adventure #1: New car- check!

Adventure #2: Writing a guest blog- check!

Adventure #3: Doing creative writing and getting paid for it- check!

Adventure #4: Being on the jumbotron. (Kara says that this is an adventure, albeit not for a very happy reason.) - check!

Adventure #5: Road trip- being planned

Adventure #6: Hiking excursion- being planned

Adventure #7: Bringing back the wink... I know I'm an abysmal failure at that, but I'm not gonna give up!

Adventure#8: Class Reunion? Wednesday will be the 10 year mark! Though I've not actually heard anything about it, so we will see, I suppose.

Adventure #9: Get outside and play. - Someone with a house needs to buy a trampoline... thems be all kinds of fun and exercise at the same time!

Adventure# 10: I need your help! I know that I've tried this before, but I'm going to try again. I need adventures to embark on. They can be silly, they can be challenging, they can be outside of my comfort zone, but I need ideas. I'd like this to be a summer that pulls me forward. A summer that makes me smile when I remember it. A summer full of hope.

Today in church our preacher spoke about hope... about hope not as just a wish, but as something more possible than a wish... closer to one's heart and more real-
Here are some definitions of hope: (from dictionary.com)
n. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
v. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence: to believe, desire, or trust
v. Archaic- to place trust; rely

That's what I want for this summer: to hope. It's a very powerful word for me. It's a very powerful emotion for us all.

3 comments:

  1. I can smell the hope! It smells like rainbow cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adventure I haven't had but plan to some day is riding the city bus.

    Another is sleeping under the stars in my own backyard.

    Last, what about riding a hot air balloon? I have it on good word that there will be one available at the Community Awareness Fair on June 11th! http://www.casaswmo.org/events.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ride a train. Doesn't matter where!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...