Friday, May 18, 2012

Accents

I started watching Dr. Who on Netflix...

and seriously, my internal monologue has gone full on British. I kinda feel a little bad for people who talk to me cause I think I'm turning on the accent a lot more often than I normally do.

OK I don't feel that bad, cause a British accent is kinda awesome. (My British GPS agrees whole heartedly with me.... Well, actually what he said was, "Apologizin'?!? For speaking understandable-like? More like ya should be apologizin' for torturin' the spoken word till now!"

He's so opinionated, that one.

I am enjoying Dr. Who. (I started on the 9th doctor, or so the internet tells me... Netflix claims it's the "first season." Bollucks, I say! How could it be the first season if it's the 9th incarnation?!)... I think I might be sad when the 10th doctor shows up... I kinda like this one... It boggles my mind that they can change out the main character and everyone is ok with this. At least I'm prepared for it.

But seriously, remember the Harry Potter movies when they considered changing out the kids, because their ages were getting so off? Remember the outcry?

Well, I do. I may have been a touch too interested in the movies, but that just means that you should trust me. They admitted to thinking about recasting the kids and everyone was like, "That's the bloomin' worst idea I've ever 'eard!"

And I was like, "Really, Everyone? The worst one? Worse than the Holocaust? Cause that was a really terrible idea.... I'd say worse than re-casting."

And then Everyone glared at me because I was being a smart alec and not letting them enjoy their hyperbole and also I wasn't talking in my British accent, even though we were discussing British things.

Ok, so that conversation only ever happened in my head. I didn't really speak to everyone... you'd probably remember it if I did.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and find some Moroccan lanterns to hang from my ceiling above my fireplace. I've been puzzled by that space for a while now, so I'm excited to feel like I've finally had a decent idea.... though I have to admit, hanging them might be a challenge... the ceilings are really tall, and I am really not... though at least in a corner like that it shouldn't be too hard to find a stud...

There's about fifteen jokes I could make regarding that last phrase, but I won't make any of them. You can supply your favorite in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...