Monday, May 21, 2012

I don't know that this post *has* a theme...

The thing is that when someone tells you that you look like a dark-headed Marilyn Monroe, you don't argue and you don't regret breaking down and buying a bathing suit that you technically don't need because you can't swim and don't really like the water.

Kara's also been saying lately that I look/seem like a Disney princess... a bad-a Disney princess because of the tattoo. But she says the tattoo is a bit Disney princess, too.

She gives the best compliments.... either that or she knows me well enough to know what I think the best compliments are.

Probably both, come to think of it.

I'm in love with this version of "I Want You Back." It's a cover by The Civil Wars of the Jackson Five song.

I think this might actually say something about my personality.

"Renée appreciates cheesy-ness and "classics" but likes it best when they are reworked into something that feels both new and strangely familiar."

Ok, to be clear, I don't actually know if that's true about myself... I don't have that much insight into my own mind, but it sounds good, right??

So I just put it together. Because of the accelerated moving timeline, Kara is leaving on July 29th. The Miller "4th of July" festival is happening July 28th. The thing is I can't go home on the last weekend that my best friend and I live in the same city. I'm really sad, because it will actually be the very first "4th" that I've ever missed, even during cancer... but I need to be in Springfield. So, I guess I'll be going home a different weekend this summer.

Dang it. I hate messing with tradition. Someone get me a TARDIS so I can be in two places at once!

1 comment:

  1. You know what is a super-great idea when you're moving away in 70 days? Reading this post - and then playing the song - and then, while the song is playing, going to facebook where a bunch of pics of all the people you love most in the world working on the building you love most in the world have been posted... and thinking about how much you'll miss them and your life in the place you're moving away from.

    I mean - hypothetically - I bet that would be a super-great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...