Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things are happening

I was writing an e-mail to a friend today, and started listing off all the things that happened in April.

It's a large list.
  • I was laid off. 
  • I applied for grad school
  • I studied for the GRE
  • I took the GRE
  • I aced the GRE (Ok not really, still waiting for the confirmed scores.)
  • I got a tattoo
  • I threw a bridal shower
  • I went home to see family one weekend 
  • I went to KC another.
Oh  and I started playing "Draw Something." That's noteworthy, right?

You know what I didn't do in April? Eat mint choc chip ice cream.

A tragedy I'm currently preventing for the month of May.

Everyone has to do their part, you know?

But seriously I could do with May having a few less major happenings. I mean, obviously there is Bill and Melissa's wedding, but other than that how about we settle for being accepted to grad school, getting a GA-ship and of course I'm always open to princes appearing on white horses... or limos if that's how he rolls.

Get it? I'm so punny.

So at long last I've been given permission to let the world know. (And by "the world" I mean you , because you are reading my blog.)

My sister is having another baby!

These children are almost adults. We need an infusion of baby!

Baby Houf is due in Nov. And Rhonda and Isaac don't find out gender cause they are old school like that. Sadly this just means I have to wait until November to buy adorable gender-specific baby clothes.

There is a little twinge of the bitter mixed in with the sweet. Nathan loved being an uncle. I'm sad he won't be here to be terrified of holding the baby.... But I like to think that maybe he'll get to meet the baby before I do, this way.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh! Baby Houf looks just like Bolt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annoyed that google thinks I'm Josh. I'm Kara. K-A-R-A.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...