Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm in

Last night I had my standard college dream. At least once a year (usually a few days before classes started) I would dream that I was in school and it was the end of the semester and I suddenly discovered classes that I'd been skipping because heretofore I'd forgotten of their existence.

Every year.

It was really hard for my poor little rules-bound self to handle. Talk about stress!

I had this dream last night and I woke up and complained to facebook about it.

Then I checked my mail this evening and guess what was waiting for me?

My acceptance letter.

You are now reading the blog of a MA in Creative Writing. Or, as I like to refer to myself now, a master in the making.

Ok I referred to myself as such one time.

But you gotta admit it has a ring to it, right?

Sure it's not the most prestigious school ever. Sure it's not the most amazing thing anyone has ever done.

But it's a big deal to me, because it feels like my life is getting kick-started again. Things that had gone awry are finally getting back on track, and it just feels so good to hear the click click click of the wheels finding the track again.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

1 comment:

  1. This post I really relate to. First, I've had a similar dream where I forget to go to classes. Next, the changes coming with just one library make me feel like things are beginning to get a little better. Love you. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...