Sunday, May 13, 2012

About Mother's Day... in a round about way.

I love blogging on Saturday night/Sunday morning, because I read all the post secrets for the week beforehand.

Today they are all about motherhood.

Surprise surprise!

Did I tell you that last Saturday night I sorta freaked out because I thought it was Mother's Day eve and I'd totally slacked off and hadn't gotten my cards?

God bless Google for reassuring me.

Man, what did they do before Google??

Right. Calendars... Good call.

Lissa's bridal/bachelorette party was tonight, and it was lots of fun. If I ever get married again, I'm doing one of those. I didn't think I wanted one on my first wedding, but now I've determined I was crazy for thinking that.

But anyway it was 50's themed and so I currently have on a slightly ridiculous amount of eye makeup, though I already took off the bright red lipstick.

Not gonna lie, bright red lipstick always makes me feel like an old lady, because I remember one time an old lady kissed me on the cheek when I was like 4 and then I had a huge lipstick print on my face. I think my mom made some comment about how old ladies wear too much lipstick as she was scrubbing my face to get it off, and apparently it's stuck because I only wear lipstick for costumes/shows. Elsewise I'm a full-on gloss girl.

So there you go. There's a mom story.

Also one time when I was little my mom had jury duty or something and Rhonda and I went with her and played with her calculator and the white deposit slips in the back of her check book.

It's apropo of nothing, except that it's a very old memory about my mom. Thanks for the deposit slips, Mom!

And when I was little I used to love laying my head in my mom's lap at church, and she would stroke my hair or play with my ears.

You see I have to tell all these nice "mom memories" I have because instead of a sweet sentimental card, I kinda sent her a Mother's day card with a swear word.

...that repeated itself 3 times.

But it was too funny to resist.

I'm a sucker for a good laugh... which might be my mom's fault anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...