Monday, May 7, 2012

Wand and House

So last Wednesday we had writing group and somehow got on the subject of Harry Potter houses.

And one of the boys brought up Pottermore.

And I thought, "Yeah, Pottermore. I should check that out."

So I did. 

My wand is Cedar and Unicorn Hair, 11 inches, Pliant

Here's what they have to say about that

The unicorn hair core:
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.
Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.
And here's what they have to say about the cedar encasement: (which I was pleased about just because I love the smell.)
Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. My father, Gervaise Ollivander, used always to say, ‘you will never fool the cedar carrier,’ and I agree: the cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them.
 Dude... that's actually a highly impressive summation of my character.

Also I discovered I'm in Ravenclaw-- I've long suspected such. The prefect message that welcomed me told me, "Well done on becoming a member of the cleverest, quirkiest and most interesting house at Hogwarts."

Yes, my favorite descriptor word of myself *is* quirky.

As a demonstration of my "perspicacity and perception," tonight I was talking to someone (keep in mind this was before I got my wand and my house assignment.) He said, "I watched some old cartoons on Netflix." and I responded, "What cartoons? If you say ReBoot, 500 points to Ravenclaw."

Yeah he was totally watching ReBoot.

Brains or just eerily talented? You be the judge.

2 comments:

  1. I feel old, or something. I didn't understand a word of that post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've read HP, haven't you? and ReBoot was a CGI cartoon before people had really heard of CGI--- and it was set inside a computer. Boys (including Nathan) and your tom-boy of a daughter loved it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...