Thursday, April 21, 2011

In which a boy falls asleep

Well, I *was* awoken by Jeriah, but he was being very quiet and just whispering to himself as he played, which honestly is totally adorable, so I will forgive him. Kadin and Jeriah have a fun game they now play called, "climb all over Renee." It is accomplished by finding where Renee is and climbing all over her. I've had my toes stepped on, my ribs kicked, and my ears grabbed about 4,000 times, and I kinda love it... though that might be because I've also been hugged that many times, too. I don't think I realized how much they were holding in when they were seeing Nathan and I when he was sick and for the funeral... Makes me miss Nathan, too, though. He loved these kiddos so much. Kadin drew a picture of him for me... He kinda looks like a white Steve Urkle (how's that for a mid nineties pop culture reference!), but I think it's sweet.

Jeriah is normally loud... like shrieking loud, but he's coming close to being understandable to me... Rhonda still has to translate every once in a while... He also likes to go through my stuff... He put my lotion on his hands about 5 times today and once when we were making the gingerbread (and therefore distracted) he put it on his legs, too... He also found my pumice stone and told me he was going to take it outside because it was a rock.  Kadin on the other hand is obsessed with Angry Birds on my phone. She is very excited about the random golden egg levels you can find, though I've not cleared enough levels to have many. We read 3 or four books today and an American Girl catalog... Wow, those dolls have changed since I was little... They don't even make Samantha, Felicity, and Kirsten anymore! (sorry boys, I know you in all likelihood have not a clue what I'm talking about... but then again, perhaps you do.. I'm sure some of you had sisters!)

I just realized that Rhonda doesn't have her caps lock key on her laptop keyboard. I can't help but wonder it this is because she was always turning it on by accident or if it is a casualty of something (like childrens). I also just noticed that Firefox is not flagging the word "Turing," which is what you get when you accidentally don't type the n in "turning." Assuaging my natural curiosity I googled it and and found out that a Turing test is named for Alan Turing, and it is a "test of a machine's ability to demonstrate intelligence." This has been your ffd.

Oh, for the love of all that's adorable! Just now Jeriah came out to the living room where I'm blogging, crying. (He passed his parent's room on the way.) I asked him what was wrong and if he wanted to go find mommy, and his response was to climb up into my lap and fall asleep. And when I say fall asleep I mean it took him all of about 6 seconds to do so. Melt my heart and make some brownies!

mmmmm melted heart brownies.

Of course, I didn't really know what to do at that point so I just held him for a little bit and then took him back to bed... I figure that's a safe enough option.

Moments like that are pretty much why I can't give up on my future... Too sweet, too precious, too special.

2 comments:

  1. Grr. Blogger just ate my comment. It went something like, "Awwww, Jeriah! Kadin! Cute!" And then like "OMG! No more Samantha and Kirsten?" And then I bragged about knowing who Alan Turing was already. But the best part was a story about my friend, who like me is getting real friendly with 30, and received an American Girl doll in the mail (at her workplace!) from her mother, and began to wonder if her mother had come slightly unglued. She called her and her mother said, basically, "But you always loved them! You always wanted the Native American one!" and she had to gently break the news to her mother that she was actually no longer an eight-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, Felicity, and Kirsten were my favorite. I can't believe it. This is my shocked face. I guess the "doll that looks exactly like me" became too popular for girls to want the historical ones?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...