Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lolly, Lolly, Lolly

Today I e-mailed the car place... and I called my salesman, too... and all I can say is that I hope he was off of work because he works on Saturdays or something, because homeboy never got back to me. I mean it's one thing to not call someone because you have no new information... it's something else to never respond to the customer who is contacting you. I mean he does work on commission, pretty sure.

I noticed that I have a bit of a farmer's tan from being outside the Sat before Easter. Apparently, I needed to be wearing in a tank top... (Not to rub it in, Springfieldians, but it was really nice on Sat and Sunday in NE MO... sorry, dudes.) Don't feel bad, though, cause I made an attempt at a home spray tan, without my patent pending method to make sure that I got an even coat... and so my legs are quite splotchy. I bought shorts when we went shopping at home... I haven't really worn shorts since HS... and not often then, but I figure if the long shorts are in style, and I'm losing weight anyway, why not, eh? (ok, I gained two pounds over Easter week, but you should have seen how many rolls I ate... so I still count it as losing weight, generally.) Anyway, all that to say I'm glad the weather has been kinda awful so that I'm not tempted to wear my new shorts and look like the crazy splotchy lady. Children will stop and stare...

Perhaps I exaggerate, but hey, that's part of my charm, right?

Oh! Wanna see something cool??... Dang it, I just realized I can't show you.... because it *might* be illegal, and this is the internet... Tell ya what, I will put it in my wallet and next time you see me, ask me to see "something cool." This shall be our secret code word. No spies will ever be able to figure it out! ...right guys?

Sometimes I'm so sneaky and devious I think I need to make up a new word for it...Sneavious? Deveaky? Sneakious? Deviousky?... That last one sounds like a Russian author... Tolstoy, Chekhov, Pushkin, and Deviousky... you, know, all the greats.

Have I ever told you about my dead toe? The toe next to my big toe (usually on my right foot) will go totally white and numb if my foot gets too cold...  As soon as my foot gets warm again my toe goes back to normal. So to sum up, the circulatory system is WEIRD.

Speaking of slightly medical things, if you have any unused prescriptions that you want to get rid of safely, go to this website to find a nearby drop off point for the National Drug Take Back Initiative. I'm so glad this exists... there aren't a lot of good ways to dispose of prescriptions that you have no need of anymore. :(

I'm a bit all over the place tonight, sorry bout that.

You know what's silly? There are lots of things that I could be doing in my free time, but I'm so focused on waiting for my car that I'm putting them off... Like I could put all my laundry away while I wait for a call... but I don't, because I'm so involve in waiting. I could be planning things to do this weekend... but instead I'm waiting, and I can't seem to think about anything else... the waiting... it's so consuming! Also, please note that the theme of my week is patience. Wait for the rain to clear, wait for the car, wait for the fun... It's worth it, but I feel like a school house rock episode. Get your adverbs here!

2 comments:

  1. Your dead toe thing is called Raynaud's syndrome (or Raynaud's phenomenon), and guess what? It's another reason to get your thyroid checked! It can happen to fingers, too, and can result in them turning red, white or blue (so patriotic!). It rarely happens to me anymore, but when it did, I had a lot of fun beating my "corpse fingers" against things and feeling nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... You would like thisL
    http://www.amazon.com/Schoolhouse-Rock-Rocks-Various-Artists/dp/B000005J80

    It totally has the Adverbs song, as rendered by Buffalo Tom. Ah, the 90s.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...