Friday, April 1, 2011

No thank you, Jessie Spano.

So once upon a time, this girl started a blog...and some people read it, but she wasn't very disciplined... She posted about every other day... and then her husband hurt his back and she tapered off... and he kept getting worse and worse and so did her blog writing...  And then, 6 months from her first blog post, her husband died from complications from the treatment of his cancer. And then the girl became a blogging fool. Cause let's face it, she had a lot of free time, lots of feelings, and no one to share them all with, anymore. And today-- exactly two months from when he would have turned 26, and 2 months, 2 days from his death, my blog hit 10,000 page views. 10,104 (and counting) times someone out there has cared enough about me and my meandering thoughts to click on that link on Facebook or Google reader or your blog-following platform of choice. And honestly about 9,000 of those page views (maybe 8,500) have been in the past 2 months... And you may not realize how loved it makes me feel, to see that number just climb and climb so quickly, so often. I get facebook messages every week that tell me that some person I had no clue about is reading and enjoying my blog. (It's really ok to comment on my blog! I love comments! I'd be perfectly content if you commented on every blog post I made.) Regardless of your commenting or non-commenting status, though, I want to say thank you.  Thank you for caring. Thank you for listening. Thank you for seeing something of value in what I have to say. I feel like Sally Fields a little- "You like me, you really like me!"

Interestingly enough, I just did a little research on that speech and that's not actually what she said... and she said it in 1984 when I was a year old, so I "remember" that quote wrong, because the world remembers that quote wrong, apparently. She actually said, "I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" This has been your fun fact of the day. Which shall hereto be known as your ffd.

I have a very busy day tomorrow-- It's pretty much all good things... but golly. I have walking plans, coffee plans, hair appt plans, plans to call my tax people, plans to call my mil, and dinner plans...  This time tomorrow I will have curly hair.... I'm a little nervous about this, because I've never had a perm before at all... and I hear that everyone has a bad one, at some point in time... so I don't want this to be mine... But I really wanted to do something *different* with my hair... I always get red highlights, and I think they look great, but I want something different, and I kinda like myself with longer hair, so adding curl is pretty much the only thing I can think of...

Let it be clear that I want this kind of perm



Not this kind
No thank you, Jessie Spano. (I'm so excited! I'm so excited!.... I'm so scared, Zach. I'm so scared.) Though I *can* totally pose like that.... why I would want to is a whole other story.

So anyway, just as a heads up, don't tease me about my hair, post perm, cause I'll probably be self-conscious about it, even if I don't let on that I am. As our dear friend, Thumper would tell us, "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at allll"

I came home tonight to find strawberries in the middle of my living room floor. Sometimes having a best friend who lives right next door and has a key is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

6 comments:

  1. lol at the Jessie Spano quote! I remember that episode. Can't wait to see your perm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I dropped off the strawberries late, and had already forgotten about them, so I laughed when I read that. I'm excited about your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE hair excitement!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that jessie spano quote made me laugh out loud. and want to go watch saved by the bell.

    reading your blog has become part of my morning routine. right there with my coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. Even though my Tim has been gone ten years this July....reading your blog actually helps me to realize that there are feelings I still have about his death that I have never processed. Your blog is wonderful and inspiring and cathartic.....all at the same time. Don't ever quit writing....you have quite a talent for it! You say thank you to us for reading your blog. I say...."thank you" to you for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will look so pretty with curly hair like that! And you won't have to curl it "just because" - it will just BE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are the pictures of the new hair??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...