Sunday, April 10, 2011

A List

I wish the rest of the world stayed up as late as I do... Maybe that's why I stay up so late... I'm just trying to be the change I want to see in the world.  I think part of the problem is that I hate missing out on things.... well at least that was part of the problem in college. People are so much more fun when it's late... and more honest... Unfortunately, I'm an adult and I live in an apartment, so around the time that people start getting fun they go home and go to bed... Why does becoming an adult make people lose their impulsive-ity and spirit?

I think I might just want to have a slumber party with the world... I want to learn everyone's secrets and giggle with them.... and put whipped cream in the hand of the person who falls asleep first and then tickle their nose.

Seriously shaving cream always seemed mean... and dangerous-- what if their mouth is open?! Whipped cream is much much safer... and tastier.

I've had a string of kinda heavy posts... I want to have a lighter one today. Maybe I'll do a list of what's happening in my head. Those are always fun.

1) I secretly like being scandalous... but I also like being a goody-two shoes... so basically I end up being secretly scandalous about things that aren't really that scandalous and no one ever knows... so what the point of being "scandalous" is, I have not a clue.

2) I enjoy the word scandalous.

3) I say "Nothing? Nothing!?! Nothing, tra la la?" far more often than I think is actually healthy for the sanity of my friends.

4) I had a cinnamon crunch bagel for breakfast today that was fraternizing with an onion bagel at some point. Cinnamon and onion are not my favorite flavor combinations.

5) Every so often at 1 in the morning a girl just wants some bagel bites... I may regret this, as I've not had bagel bites since I was in Jr. High or something, and I don't recall loving them that much then... but they sounded good.

6) I met a person on Thursday who once lived in Memphis, MO. He moved in the 4th grade or something... he had Mrs. Moore for 3rd grade and Mrs. Kice for kindergarten. But this was the first time I'd ever met him... It was really surreal.

7) Do they still do Book-it? Or is the concern about national obesity greater than the concern for early childhood literacy? ...Wow, there's a throw-down I'd like to see.. First Ladies going head to head in a fight to the national campaign to end/start something! Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

8) "No!  To the Pain! [...] That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever. [...] It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all. (slowly stands and raises sword) Drop. Your. Sword."

9) That last line loses it's oomph if you pronounce the last word, "swored" (like the "past tense" of swore.)

10) Bagel Bites... better than expected, while still not actually being good.

11) I'm not sure that "doe-eyed" is a compliment. We shoot deer.

12) I like to preemptively turn on lights.. for example I just turned on my bedroom light, when I passed by so that when I actually go to my bedroom the light will already be on... It's like I think the sheets will absorb the light and become better somehow... DUDE! Why don't they make glow in the dark sheets!?! I bet little kids... (and me...) would love them!

hmmmmm I think that might be all for now. Adieu, my loves!

3 comments:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/Planets-Comforter-Bedding-Pillowcase-Matching/dp/B000M7KLBE

    They make 'em, but it seems they are all space related... which perhaps the little kids would like, but I'm not sure you have a big interest in space...

    Oh - you'll like this more methinks:
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Mombasa-Adult-Glow-in-the-Dark-Canopy/2350696/product.html?cid=143910&fp=F&TRACK=NXTG&mr:referralID=be6e62fb-636e-11e0-9f53-001b2166becc

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sheets, but I did find these: http://www.amazon.com/Glow-A-Lot-Care-Bears-Love-A-Lot-Bear/dp/B0000CAOND

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Kice's daughter was my dentist when I lived in Kirksville.

    I was always the person who got the hand full of shaving cream. And the penny on the forehead, and the hand in a pan of water (I did not pee either time). And the frozen bra. And more times than I can count in college, I fell asleep on someone's couch and drooled everywhere, ending in ribbing that never ended. One of the best things about being an adult is that I now have a whole circle of friends who have never seen me drool.

    The still have Book-It. I used to do a survey about it. When I lived in Kirksville!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...