Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Perm and pictures

 Well, my sister asked where the pictures of my new hair are... so I took some tonight. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to wear it.. and what I need to do in the mornings to go into public... and it's still in the process of relaxing a little, but I'll share a few with you



There ya go... Renée's first perm... I'm so grown up, eh?

There are more pictures on Facebook... cause if I take one picture of myself, I take a lot... Why you ask? Well, cause I take a lot of bad pictures... I'm not naturally photogenic... so I have to work to get ones that I like. Seriously I took 100 pictures tonight... Oh please, what else do I have to do!? Out of those 100, 18 made it to facebook... and then one more is on this blog, that isn't on facebook... (The 2nd to last one, cause I think it shows my hair, but I don't love my face in it.) Please note that it's that I think I take bad pictures, not that I dislike how I look... I think it's probably preferable that way rather than the reverse... much better to think I represent myself better in person than in a frozen moment. Right, guys? right?

Also I got my nail fixed... I did tell you that I shot a nail tip off my hand shutting a window, didn't I? My clumsiness knows no bounds. Seriously, I have no idea where that nail tip is... It might have made it into orbit...  Apparently I need to buy cuticle oil... my manicurist told me to... And we always listen to our manicurists. Right, guys? Right?

I really need to write thank you notes... it's hard for me... I want to make every note sound like I mean it (because I do!) but being that honest/transparent is emotionally draining, in the extreme... Oh, politeness, why you gotta be 'dat way?

I wish I took more pictures... for some reason I have lots of pictures from sophomore year in college... and I love them... I wish I had pictures like that all the time... I always get afraid when taking pictures, though. I don't want to force people into my pictures... I mean it's not like I think I'm stealing their soul... but it does feel like an invasion of privacy sometimes... I wish I had  more friends who took pictures constantly... and I wish I liked more than 1 out of every 6 or 7 pictures of myself... Maybe I'm too hard on myself... but seriously. Maybe I just need to keep losing weight and become a waif... surely waifs don't take bad pictures... right, guys? Right?

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I have been a waif. And - believe me - waifs DO take bad pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuuuuute hair!

    Speaking of pics, I've got a cd for you tonight, to view whenever you feel like it, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...